Esteemed Contributor

Re: Al Roker Prostate Cancer

@goldensrbest wrote:

My husband died from this ,in 2013, he fought it for 14 years, his could not be removed,it was very aggressive, but due to finding a great doctor that specialized in this ,at Beth Israeli n Boston,and trying every thing, including trails, he kept him going, but mike died at age 63.

That's very sad.  Sorry to hear this.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

What is his hurry To return to work  in a couple of weeks?  He should take a year off....better yet retire,,,,he is rich,,..enjoy all he has worked for. He is 66. Enjoy life with his  lovely wife.  The show can replace him.  He is not irreplaceable 

@SeaMaiden 

Not everyone is anxious to retire. Some people love their jobs and want to continue working as long as they can. That doesn't mean that person thinks they're irreplaceable, just doing what makes them happy.  I can't imagine someone taking a year off for something like this.  I hope Roker comes through this with flying colors and is back on the air sooner rather than later. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

What is his hurry To return to work  in a couple of weeks?  He should take a year off....better yet retire,,,,he is rich,,..enjoy all he has worked for. He is 66. Enjoy life with his  lovely wife.  The show can replace him.  He is not irreplaceable 

@SeaMaiden 

Not everyone is anxious to retire. Some people love their jobs and want to continue working as long as they can. That doesn't mean that person thinks they're irreplaceable, just doing what makes them happy.  I can't imagine someone taking a year off for something like this.  I hope Roker comes through this with flying colors and is back on the air sooner rather than later. 

@shoesnbags 

Bingo!

Honored Contributor

He makes the world laugh and that's something the world needs right now.  I hope he beats it.

I pray that the next time we hear something from him it's that he won the battle over cancer.

Al Roker 1     Cancer 0

Honored Contributor

Update: Al Roker is back on the Today show and plans to take part in Thankgiving Day parade festivities, according to today's NY Post.