Honored Contributor

This is a movie on Amazon Prime starring Ben Affleck ( director), Matt Damon, Chris Tucker, Jason Bateman, and Viola Davis. "Sonny Vaccaro and Nike pursue basketball rookie Michael Jordan, creating a partnership that revolutionizes the world of sports and contemporary culture". I liked this movie more than I thought I would. 

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Jordan2 ...

I'm really looking forward to seeing this movie as I'm a huge fan of Matt Damon...He and Ben Affleck have been very close friends since a young age and they are so very talented and have done some wonderful work together...acting, writing, producing, directing.

I don't get Amazon Prime so I'm waiting for it to start streaming elsewhere also.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Respected Contributor

We saw this at the theater and really liked it. The annual income MJ makes having his likeness on Nike in staggering 

Honored Contributor

I watched it the other day. Smart mom.

I think this it how it should work for everyone.

Those that work or have worked are the ones that made these companies all their money. They should be rewarded.

Trusted Contributor

I've seen a few posts on this movie. I haven't responded, I have no interest so just bypassed them. I'm not sure if it's because I have no interest in basketball, dislike Nike or not a fan of Ben Affleck but I have no interest in this movie. Glad so many seem to enjoy it though. 

Respected Contributor

@cjm61 wrote:

I've seen a few posts on this movie. I haven't responded, I have no interest so just bypassed them. I'm not sure if it's because I have no interest in basketball, dislike Nike or not a fan of Ben Affleck but I have no interest in this movie. Glad so many seem to enjoy it though. 

Same

Respected Contributor

I've heard nothing but positive reviews from those who have seen this.

I've been a huge Affleck/Damon fan starting with Good Will Hunting. Add in Viola Davis, one of the best actresses of our generation (or any) seems to be a recipe for excellence...

Based on fact, love the premise and the fact Matt Damon's character had the insight to pursue Michael's mother for the endorsement. 

I will have to wait to watch but look forward to it.

Honored Contributor

I also liked it; saw it on Prime Video a few days ago.

Especially enjoyed Chris Messina as the agent, LOL.

First noticed him on 'The Mindy Project'; cute and talented.

Esteemed Contributor

I liked this movie, too. I thought Ben Afflect was particularly good (and funny).

Esteemed Contributor

The movie is entertaining, but it downplays the vital role of Michael Jordan's long-time agent David Falk in securing those billions of dollars in endorsement deals for MJ, led by the Nike deal.  That said a movie about Michael and David probably wouldn't be good drama. Great documentary, but mediocre drama.