Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I saw this on Netflix and thought that would be sad and I don't need anything sad.  I decided to give it a peek since Ricky Gervais was in it and he is very funny.  It is a sad story but told in a way that I was laughing so hard in some scenes and feeling sad for the guy at the same time.  It is sarcastic humor but hard to explain.  Worth taking a look at if you want to see something different. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Thanks for the recommendation always looking for something new to watch. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I have a whole newfound admiration for Ricky Gervais. Loved this series!

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

@aubegirl   Thoroughly enjoy this show.  Will be awaiting a new season.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@aubegirl -

Thank you so much! I loved the trailer. I was laughing-the kind of such depressed humor you have to laugh.

I will watch itSmiley Happy

It reminds me of a man my daughter said, when she asked him how he was at his dr's appt-

How are you?

He:"Oh just waiting to die"

Well I laughed at that, kind of right on.

He was elderly and had medical issues, but was a wonderful, kind, guy  with a great sense of dry humor.

I would have loved to have met him.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I watched both seasons of this show. My elderly mother died January 31, I don't think this was the best show for me to watch, I cried every episode.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I loved it. Funny, quirky, and poignent.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I loved this series. I saw Ricky Gervais in a whole new way and all the acting was first rate.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Allow me to join this club. Finished recently and it's one of the best shows I've ever watched. Yes it's sad, yes it's funny but it's moving and beautifully done. I anxiously await the next season. I never knew Ricky was such a great actor. Always thought of him as comedian. Watch it peeps! Nothing to lose, everything to gain. Look at me preaching at y'all. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: After Life on Netflix

[ Edited ]

@aubegirl -

Thank you for this!

Not normally something I would have noticed but am watching it now.

I keep thinking, I hope I am not the only one laughing, sometimes in bursts at his quick dry humor also pitifully and desperately sad at same time.

It really is so well done and so real.

I think many of us have had some of the same familiar sentiments.

I then also watched his hosting of the 2020 Oscars. Some the audience was laughing and some were not, so awkward and sometimes offensive but like he says "I don't care!" which maybe, just maybe excuses him and also you find yourself laughing at that.

Oh and P.S.-I am chewing ice right now lol! 😞

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"