Honored Contributor

Aerial America on Smithsonian Channel

I recently changed  providers and now have the Smithsonian Channel.   I just discovered the Aerial America series.

There's one episode for every state then some other episodes like "New England" and "Roadside Attractions"

I love it.   Utah came on this morning and I was thinking (no disrespect) Mormons & mountains, how good will this be.   It was incredible.  The visual is from drones and there's narration in the backgound.   I love American history but you don't have to be a nerd like me to enjoy it, turn down the volume and just look at the scenery!

Utah has an amazingly rich history and the scenery is stunning.

I'm looking forward to seeing Roadside Attractions, such locations as the Grand Canyon & Mount Rushmore.

Honored Contributor

Re: Aerial America on Smithsonian Channel

I agree it's really an interesting & different show.  Some of the scenery is breathtaking!

I saw Aerial America several years ago and we viewed several states but I don't recall why we didn't see more.  I should look up more episodes.

Esteemed Contributor

Good show

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Love this show. I think we have seen almost all of them.

Honored Contributor

@software.   Utah is one of the best kept secrets in the US.  Plenty of foreign tourists there, especiallly German, but it's relatively ignored here at home.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Smithsonian is one of the best channels on cable IMO.  Aerial America really gives one a great appreciation for the scenery/topography of the US and also it’s regional history.  I also like to watch the other historical programs and Air Disasters (but not if I’m flying anywhere).

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm going to branch out and watch some of their other shows.   Saw some of the large ship show.

Before Utah, I watched Texas and Louisiana.   I've been to both, have friends in both so I was curious what would be shown.   I was amazed, it was beautiful and highly accurate.

After watching cooking competitions and other "stuff" like that on TV, finding this show is so refreshing.   It's a good thing to take your information from a institution all about facts, not politics or opinion.

@MJDinVegas wrote:

Smithsonian is one of the best channels on cable IMO.  Aerial America really gives one a great appreciation for the scenery/topography of the US and also it’s regional history.  I also like to watch the other historical programs and Air Disasters (but not if I’m flying anywhere).

Honored Contributor

Just think how impressed birds must be when they fly over our states. Woman Happy

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

I love that show, I was watching it last night the episode was about Seattle, WA, what history I had no idea.  We are leaving from there next year to go to Alaska but had already planned to spend a few extra days after the cruise.

I love America history too and there is so much!

Frequent Contributor

I’ve been watching this show for a couple of years and absolutely love it.  An entertaining way to learn about our country.