Trusted Contributor

Re: Adele weight loss before and after

I think she looks so different in the 2nd photo because she lost so much weight and does not have makeup on (like professionally done in 1st photo). When someone loses that much weight they are going to look somewhat gaunt compared to before. We are just used to seeing her as she looked before. 

Honored Contributor

I find it rude to say someone looks old and wrinkled especially when they are only 32 and then post an unflattering picture.

There are flattering pictures of her out there.

I don't understand why people do this?

Super Contributor

Honestly, Adele has the "look" of weight loss surgery.  A bunch of women in my family have had it and there's a certain appearance that is different than when someone loses weight traditionally. I find that those who do the surgery, their faces look more drawn than normal.

Honored Contributor

This is my pet peeve. Someone should never be judged how they look by their weight. I see her as a healthy young woman, which is the way she should be "judged". 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

BTW, I read on several online sites today that her divorce from Simon Konecki was finally final after 2 years.

They used a mediator to divide $194M in assets.

It must be amicable though, there are photos online of their 2 mansions, very closely side by side, since they separated 2 years ago.

That makes co-parenting their son so much better for him.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@busymom22 wrote:

Honestly, Adele has the "look" of weight loss surgery.  A bunch of women in my family have had it and there's a certain appearance that is different than when someone loses weight traditionally. I find that those who do the surgery, their faces look more drawn than normal.

@busymom22 

Not if you see the photo above from her SNL performance 6 moths ago, or click on the youtube link and watch it live for yourself.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I find it rude to say someone looks old and wrinkled especially when they are only 32 and then post an unflattering picture.

There are flattering pictures of her out there.

I don't understand why people do this?

@Carmie 

I can think of so many reasons........none of them good, IMO

Honored Contributor

It's normal to get sagging skin after weight loss. If you have the money, like she does, then go and have it taken care of with medical procedures...for instance with some kind of medical skin tightening.

Honored Contributor

@busymom22   I lost about 100 lbs twice in my lifetime.  I was told I had the "look" of having weight loss surgery too.

I lost the weight the first time on WW and the second time doing a low carb diet.  There is no look.  Gaining and losing weight changes the look of your face.  If you are young, your facial skin recovers well.  If you are older, you might have some sagging no matter what method you used to lose weight.

Honored Contributor

I agree she is lovely thin or heavy.