Valued Contributor

I was one of the lucky ones who was able to purchase tickets for the Las Vegas shows and yes I did get a full refund for my tickets (including Ticketmasters fees) You were given the option of refunds or a credit to the shows being rescheduled at a future date.  We picked the refund option after looking at Caesers schedule for the remainder of the year and seeing that the only open dates were from July to the beginning of September and there is no way we wanted to go to Vegas then.  Hotel and car rentals weren't an issue at cancelling and we got a credit for our airline tickets (which were almost as expensive as the show tickets) but had planned a trip toward the end of the year, so hopefully that credit will cover most of that trip.  

So if you payed attention to the instructions on the cancellation email, you shouldn't have gotten shafted.  

Esteemed Contributor

I read that she wants to get pregnant in 2023 so the Vegas concert will be sometime this year. Another Diva who has no sense of respect for her admirers. I find it strange she could perform for NBC on stage but was having a difficult time appearing in Vegas. Many said she was not happy with the way the staging was set up. They kept changing it but couldn't please her. 

It is sad she shows no remorse for people who spent thousands of dollars and received no refund. I know it was postponed but she went back to her life and the people went back to disappointment and loss of funds.  IMHO, she is not worth turning the TV on to watch.

Honored Contributor

This is one of the articles I read about people not being able to get refunds.

https://www.showbiz411.com/2022/01/21/stubhub-adele-fans-wont-get-money-back-until-singer-reschedule... 

Honored Contributor

Although she is undoubtedly talented, I don't enjoy her music. It's just not my style. I know nothing her personality 

Honored Contributor

@catmama - Thank you for being the voice of reason in this thread.

It's not surprising that people who don't like Adele and didn't have tickets to the show (so "no dog in this fight") are so sure that those who did buy tickets "got shafted".  Utter nonsense.  Amazing what misinformation spreads via social media these days.

And it's interesting that no one (again, those without tickets or air fares, etc.) aren't aware of the FaceTime she did with many of her fans, to assure them that she would cover the cost of their airfares (if non-refundable) and that she would make sure they had first call on tickets for the rescheduled dates.

But it's much easier to go with the "bashing".

You'd think this was the only concert/show/theater production that got cancelled in the past two years.  I had plenty that got cancelled.  And I didn't "get shafted" for a single one.

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@catmama - Thank you for being the voice of reason in this thread.

It's not surprising that people who don't like Adele and didn't have tickets to the show (so "no dog in this fight") are so sure that those who did buy tickets "got shafted".  Utter nonsense.  Amazing what misinformation spreads via social media these days.

And it's interesting that no one (again, those without tickets or air fares, etc.) aren't aware of the FaceTime she did with many of her fans, to assure them that she would cover the cost of their airfares (if non-refundable) and that she would make sure they had first call on tickets for the rescheduled dates.

But it's much easier to go with the "bashing".

You'd think this was the only concert/show/theater production that got cancelled in the past two years.  I had plenty that got cancelled.  And I didn't "get shafted" for a single one.

Maybe she was one of the few that got money back. Stub Hub didn't give refunds. They had to wait for future dates. If they couldn't make it, they had the option to resell the tickets to someone else. Some people spent as much as $40,000 plus. 

So before we go condemning people for their observations, we need to get all the facts. Just food for thought.

Contributor

"I find it strange she could perform for NBC on stage but was having a difficult time appearing in Vegas."

She didn't perform for NBC. This concert was live on ITV channel on Sunday Nov 21, 2021 at 7:25pm. From the ITV site: "Adele performs at the London Palladium in front of an audience of family, friends, fans and celebrities in an unforgettable night of music" 

Honored Contributor

Re: Adele GORGEOUS

[ Edited ]

@elated - And how is that Adele's fault?  Just wondering.

($40,000 plus to go to one show?  Wow, must be some real fans out there.)

Trusted Contributor

I love her and I watched the special. I will probably not get to see her in concert so this is the next best thing. I have her cds and listen all the time. I was planning to go Las Vegas to see her but not sure I could afford the tickets. I still love her. 

Honored Contributor

@catmama wrote:

I was one of the lucky ones who was able to purchase tickets for the Las Vegas shows and yes I did get a full refund for my tickets (including Ticketmasters fees) You were given the option of refunds or a credit to the shows being rescheduled at a future date.  We picked the refund option after looking at Caesers schedule for the remainder of the year and seeing that the only open dates were from July to the beginning of September and there is no way we wanted to go to Vegas then.  Hotel and car rentals weren't an issue at cancelling and we got a credit for our airline tickets (which were almost as expensive as the show tickets) but had planned a trip toward the end of the year, so hopefully that credit will cover most of that trip.  

So if you payed attention to the instructions on the cancellation email, you shouldn't have gotten shafted.  

@catmama   Thank you.  I was just about to post the same conditions.

Caesar's Palace gave refunds, no questions asked.

Most airlines will give some type of credit.

And just a reminder-COVID did affect her Vegas show; delays in deliveries and staff ill with COVID-they tried to pull it all together but it just wasn't happening.

I am amazed when people just grumble (especially those who didn't even have tickets) without knowing the facts.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh