Esteemed Contributor

Re: Adam Levine Leaving The Voice

@Ibby114 wrote:

I hope Gwen and Blake keep it professional during the new season!  Maybe she'll take Adam's chair - then there'lll be a few seats between them ! Woman LOL

luvitorleaveit wrote:

I was thinking the same thing the show may have an R rating with Gwen and Blake at it!

I noticed Adam wasn't quite as bubbly as prior seasons.  I miss Usher not Miley though and Kelly is getting a talk show so who knows how much longer she will be there.

Honored Contributor

There are articles online about why he is leaving. Adam did not like the changes to the show, the Cross Battles and didn't like that each judge didn't have the same number of contestants going to the lives ( I don't blame him). People think he has taken a bashing for what happened last season, throwing his male contestant under the bus for the female one that was too sick to sing. Really people shouldn't take it out on the contestants if they have a problem with Adam. Also on Mother's Day they taped the show for Monday night because they all had to go to New York for the networks upfront ( where they tell you the Fall schedule). Some at the network were not happy with Adam's attitude, someone wanted to fire him. Adam also didn't feel that he needed to be on the show considering he didn't have any horse in the race. I don't know if it's true but an article stated he puts in the least time with his contestants. Also I noticed Carson wasn't going to Adam much for his opinion, Carson might have been told not to.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HisElk1 wrote:

Both DH and I watched the Voice for many seasons; however, we didn't watch it at all this time.

The coaches bantering back and forth became too much for us and they didn't focus enough on the contestant.

As for Adam, was not a fan as I got the impression he thought he was "all that". 

IMO, one of the best coaches was Shakira and was surprised that I liked Miley as a coach.

@HisElk1The bantering is exactly why I stopped watching weeks ago, way too much.  When they first started the show it was kind of cute and a fun thing but over the years it seemed they focused more on that than the contestants.  As for Adam, he was never a favorite and I won't miss him.  I also  liked Miley and Shakira and am not looking forward to seeing Gwen again, she is too focused on wearing unattractive clothes, she wears clothes that are too young for her age, and in my opinion, not a great judge.  I hope she won't become a regular and will only be there for one season.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Trusted Contributor

I hope that the only change is Gwen coming back instead of Adam. I don't think that Kelly would leave before knowing if her talk show will be a success, so she will be there. As I have said before, I love John Legend and hope he comes back. I also hated all of the new changes with the extra cross battles and saves and it seemed like no one was leaving and then they got eliminated but went on someone else's team and it was annoying! Ad then the following week, half were eliminated. And I can do without that backstage second chance contest that lets someone who didn't make it just enter the finals. Not fair and totally unecessary.

This year was harder than usual for me because I knew so few of the songs they were singing. Maybe I have aged out? If I can't tell if they are singing the song right, it makes it harder to decide who is good or not.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

There are articles online about why he is leaving. Adam did not like the changes to the show, the Cross Battles and didn't like that each judge didn't have the same number of contestants going to the lives ( I don't blame him). People think he has taken a bashing for what happened last season, throwing his male contestant under the bus for the female one that was too sick to sing. Really people shouldn't take it out on the contestants if they have a problem with Adam. Also on Mother's Day they taped the show for Monday night because they all had to go to New York for the networks upfront ( where they tell you the Fall schedule). Some at the network were not happy with Adam's attitude, someone wanted to fire him. Adam also didn't feel that he needed to be on the show considering he didn't have any horse in the race. I don't know if it's true but an article stated he puts in the least time with his contestants. Also I noticed Carson wasn't going to Adam much for his opinion, Carson might have been told not to.

@Jordan2, I heard the same thing as you are saying about him not feeling he should have to appear after he didn't have any contestants in and didn't want to bother giving input to the other judges' singers.  Also about the upfront, his performance was horrible, he put forth zero effort, and they wanted to fire him.  So there was the question if he was actually fired.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

When these singers are on the Voice it is a steady paycheck.  I am sure the singers still make appearances but probably are not touring.  Or, that is what I think.  Also, Adam has a family and may need to spend more time with them.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

On May 10, I read a story on Billboard that Kelly and Blake were returning with John and Adam.  

Blake Shelton, Kelly Clarkson, John Legend and Adam Levine are all returning to The Voice as part of its coaches panel for Season 17.  NBC made the announcement on Friday (May 10), according to Billboard, which reports that the iconic reality singing competition is slated to return for its next season later this year. Host Carson Daly has also been announced to return to The Voice for Season 17.

I find it odd NBC would announce this if they didn't have signed contracts from everyone.  Something must have happened and I suspect it has to do with the ending of this season.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

On May 10, I read a story on Billboard that Kelly and Blake were returning with John and Adam.  

Blake Shelton, Kelly Clarkson, John Legend and Adam Levine are all returning to The Voice as part of its coaches panel for Season 17.  NBC made the announcement on Friday (May 10), according to Billboard, which reports that the iconic reality singing competition is slated to return for its next season later this year. Host Carson Daly has also been announced to return to The Voice for Season 17.

I find it odd NBC would announce this if they didn't have signed contracts from everyone.  Something must have happened and I suspect it has to do with the ending of this season.

Yes, that was the theory from the "insider" I was watching.  The attitude at the end, the attitude at the upfronts, the zero effort.   Firing was questioned.  Nobody will probably ever know the real truth other than Adam and TPTB.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

LOL. He didn't have a horse in the race, so he didn't need to be there? What about all the others who sat there without a horse in the race when he repeatedly had did? Weren't they expected to stay till the bitter end? Imagine how Ce Lo, Christina, et al felt as the Blake and Adam show lorded it over them. This guy to me seems very immature. He ruined the show for me, and in the beginning I really like the concept of not seeing the performer while they heard their vocals. 

Regular Contributor

I thought that Usher was a very good coach. I’d like them to bring him back.