Trusted Contributor

Ad Astra is a new science fiction movie starring Brad Pitt to be released on 9/20/19.  I looked up the meaning of the title and it's Latin for "To the Stars".  I actually like that better as the title!  

Respected Contributor

They probably used the title "Ad Astra" because it attracts more interest than "To the Stars." I saw the official movie trailer and it looks like it may be a good movie. I will wait for it to run its course in the movie theaters before watching. 

Esteemed Contributor

Brad Pitt is hot hot hot and I will see him in anything. 🤣😍👍⭐️💫🌟

Honored Contributor

I have see the trailer in the movies several times.  I was not exactly blown away.  But I like Brad Pitt and I'm a huge sci-fi fan so, of course I will see it.

Honored Contributor

I'm excited to see this -- in a movie theater. 

Brad Pitt has been doing some thoughtful interviews related to this new release, even bringing in NASA and space-affiliated scientists.

Had to chuckle when I read the wrap-up paragraph of one of these interviews.  Brad charmingly queried who portrayed an astronaut  better, Clooney or Pitt?  The answer was true to what I learned in a telephone call I had with "The Last Man on the Moon," Eugene Cernan.  When I wrote a biographical profile on Captain Cernan, only Gravity, starring George Clooney, had been released, and so I threw some questions at Cernan regarding the verisimilitude in that film. 

By the time my interview had been posted and distributed, The Martian had been released.  During one of our last phone calls to one another, I asked Captain Cernan about the newest space film.  He declared The Martian, hands-down, as a more accurate depiction of the experience of an astronaut in space and on another heavenly body; the movie showed the wherewithal that a typical astronaut possesses to get out of any fix, according to the earnest astronaut.

So, at the end of Pitt's interview, the answer to who was the best of the three was "Matt Damon," the star of The Martian.  Captain Cernan was so on the mark -- always.

Honored Contributor

In today's Washington Post, the newspaper's premier movie critic, Ann Hornaday, gave Ad Astra a very favorable rating of 3 1/2 stars out of 4.  I seldom see a Four-Star Rating from her, so I am even more primed for a rewarding movie experience.

Honored Contributor

@godi wrote:

Brad Pitt is hot hot hot and I will see him in anything. 🤣😍👍⭐️💫🌟

I would rather see him in nothing.Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

SilleeMee,

I felt that way toward him for the first time after seeing him on the roof, shirtless, in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

Hey, young man, I have an antenna that needs fixing, too.  (That is what he was doing in Once Upon a Time..,if you haven't seen it.)

WOW!

Honored Contributor

Last year I almost bumped into Brad Pitt at my local Gelson's, here in LA.    Actually, I thought it must be a guy who looked  a lot like him, and called a writer friend.  He said they were filming some of  the new Tarrantino film just 3 blocks from the store,  so it was most likely him.   Very charismatic, even in a brief encounter.   sigh 

Honored Contributor

@golding76 

giphy.gif

I haven't seen that movie...yet. I will look for it!Woman Happy