Respected Contributor

Actress from "As the World Turns" passes away

This is so weird for me.  I was just thinking about the show (which I watched for so many years), and wondered what became of the cast.  Well, one is on QVC!

But I just read an article on the passing of Kathryn Hayes, who long time played the role of "Kim Hughes" on the show.  She was 87.  I didn't know she had played in Star Trek.

She was definitely a main fixture on the show for many years.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

Re: Actress from "As the World Turns" passes away

See the source image

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

How sad .... I watched ATWT for a few years and don't remember her at all.   Did she retire at some point, or was she in it until the end?  I really don't remember her.  

Honored Contributor

Rest in peace,

PINK ROSE ON THE GRAVE AND LIGHTED CANDLES UNFOCUSED IN THE BACKGROUND. PINK ROSE ON THE GRAVE AND LIGHTED CANDLES UNFOCUSED IN THE BACKGROUND. Candle Stock Photo

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

How sad .... I watched ATWT for a few years and don't remember her at all.   Did she retire at some point, or was she in it until the end?  I really don't remember her.  

Kathryn Hayes was in the last scene of the final episode of As the World Turns, which aired on September 17, 2010.

Contributor

I miss that soap. My mom watched it from the begining and she got me hooked

Honored Contributor

I do remember her,i watched as the world turns ,like clock work ,enjoyed it ,and the doctors.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I remember her, watched the show for years. Especially liked when Meg Ryan was on and dated handsome dude think his name was Steve but don’t remember his actor name. Anyway, may Kathryn Hayes RIP.
Trusted Contributor

I never watched her in the soap, but I remember her well from her early days as an actress.  She did so much television work, but to be honest I can't remember a single one performance specifically.  She was just always around.

When I saw that she had died, the first thing I thought, was that she had been married at some point to Glenn Ford.  I wasn't sure, so I looked it up, and yes, I was right about that.

It's funny what useless bits of trivia our minds will retain.

Respected Contributor

Oh, this makes me sad on so many levels.Woman Sad