Honored Contributor

Actress Sylvia Miles Dies At Age 94

[ Edited ]

From Page Six of the NY Post today:

"Two-time Academy Award nominee and Factory fixture Sylvia Miles has died, Page Six has learned.

The legendary actress was 94.

She was nominated as Best Supporting Actress for her role as the fearsome first client of gigolo Joe Buck in “Midnight Cowboy” and her role in 1975’s “Farewell My Lovely.” She also appeared in “Wall Street” and its sequel “Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps,” as well as countless other movies, plays and TV shows."

My favorite film she was in was a wonderful little sleeper film called Crossing Delancey (1988).  She played a matchmaker who was supposed to match up Amy Irving, at the behest of Irving's grandmother.  I love this film!

Honored Contributor

Re: Actress Sylvia Miles Dies At Age 94

Cant forget her in either Crossing Delancey or Midnight Cowboy. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Related image  Image result for sylvia miles

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

Such vitality.  A force of nature.

Respected Contributor

Midnight cowboy is one of the greatest films ever! 

Honored Contributor

Pearley,

So sorry to read this.  Crossing Delancey is one of my favorite films.  It is irresistible.  Sylvia Miles was delicious as the matchmaker (I did not remember she played that role).

A very talented actress.  May she rest in peace.

Honored Contributor

I loved Crossing Delancey and Midnight Cowboy is one of my favorites, I saw it twice when it came out in the movies, Hoffman was at his best.  Sylvia Miles stood out in that movie also, that role was made for her!  

May she be at peace.

Super Contributor

SM was unforgettable (table manners) in Crossing Delancy and hysterical in Midnight Cowboy!

Terrific character actress! RIP.

Honored Contributor

I'm amazed at the number of people on this thread who saw Crossing Delancey!  I love that film but I never meet others who have seen it!  Yes, Miles' table manners were terrible in that film (on purpose) and when I think of her in the movie, all I envision is her very wide mouth - talking and eating and chewing!

I loved the music in the film too, and, of course, the pickle man  Heart  Peter Riegert, who did not age well after that film.