Honored Contributor

Re: Actress Anne Heche has 'long recovery ahead' after car crash

Like @Trailrun23 and others said, her story is sad. I read more about her background.

Obviously I knew who she was because of her relationship with Ellen. I hadn't seen her in anything until I watched Men in Trees. I thought she was great in that, and the chemistry between her and her costar James Tupper was off the charts! They did get together IRL and have a son together. 

I am thinking of her family, especially her two sons, the neighbor whose home was destroyed, and those who tried to help with this situation. I hope she gets help after she recovers.

So many Hollywood stars seem to have it all, but they are too troubled to realize what they do have.  

Esteemed Contributor

While Anne Heche's mental health issues are well documented.  She still needs to be held accountable for her actions.

The New York Post reported she drinking vodka, wine and slurring her words during her podcast prior to the accidents.

Respected Contributor

I sincerely hope that she gets through this and gets the help that she needs.

I also feel for the families involved who now have to face this tragedy.

Many years ago, there was a soap on TV called Another World and she played twins, one being the more reserved one named Marley and Victoria, the one being the more wilder one.

I also watched her in the movie with Harrison Ford called Six Days, Seven Nights.  DH liked it so much that I got him the CD for a gift.  I think she did a good job in that film.  

Honored Contributor

@lgfan wrote:
People cannot have it both ways. There are groups that want to remove the stigma of mental illness but as soon as mentally ill people commit criminal acts then it is okay to blame the mental illness on their behavior. Many people suffer traumatic experiences in their lives but do not commit criminal acts.

@lgfan   Many people do not suffer traumatic experiences and still commit criminal acts.  It goes both ways.

As far as the stigma of mental illness, you do not understand what that means.  If you took the time to research the history of mental illness you would understand what the stigma means.

Nobody is blaming the mental illnes; and nobody decides to be an alcoholic, drug addict, bi-polar, and a host of other conditions, either.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I am horrified but not surprised at the animosity on this thread.

The home owner (tenant?) has suffered a tremendous loss through no fault of her own.  That is a given.

As far as Anne Heche-one can have sympathy for her pain and suffering; it does not excuse her behavior but people who are so down and out are suffering long before a tragedy happens.

She didn't decide to have mental illness; I believe she was attempting suicide based on how this all played out.

I am sure, if she survives, that there will be consequences for her; but now those consequences are not the issue.  The time will come for the conclusions after an investigation and the system will take it from there.

I sincerely hope she receives much needed help and that the consequences she will face will be fair and just.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

I do have a lot of sympathy as well for the poor lady that lost her home due to this!  Thankfully she did not get injured and her pets were also not injured.  But now she is homeless!  What a traumatic thing to have happen to you --- I can't even imagine!  She needs to be completely and totally made whole for this.  But really, how can you ever recover from this -- you can't put a $$ figure on this but Ms. Heche, after she has had a chance to get a bit recovered, needs to take care of this lady!!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I do have a lot of sympathy as well for the poor lady that lost her home due to this!  Thankfully she did not get injured and her pets were also not injured.  But now she is homeless!  What a traumatic thing to have happen to you --- I can't even imagine!  She needs to be completely and totally made whole for this.  But really, how can you ever recover from this -- you can't put a $$ figure on this but Ms. Heche, after she has had a chance to get a bit recovered, needs to take care of this lady!!!! 

Hopefully Anne Heche's insurance   will repay the victim(s) of this horrific act of violence so they are not suffering....she has a net worth of 4 million....so she can afford to pay her victim's

Honored Contributor

This is just so sad all the way around!!! I am feeling for her two boys ages 13, and 20, as well as the homeowners and Anne herself....

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3 

"@lgfan   Many people do not suffer traumatic experiences and still commit criminal acts.  It goes both ways.

As far as the stigma of mental illness, you do not understand what that means.  If you took the time to research the history of mental illness you would understand what the stigma means.

Nobody is blaming the mental illnes; and nobody decides to be an alcoholic, drug addict, bi-polar, and a host of other conditions, either."

I know that some people do not suffer traumatic experiences and still commit criminal acts but we are talking specifically about Anne Heche who has a mental illness and has committed criminal acts.

Since you are such an expert on the stigma of mental illness why don't you enlighten us with your superior knowledge and explain it in great detail. 

Read all of lthe posts some people are blaming the mental illness and are making excuses for Ms. Heche.