Esteemed Contributor

Re: Actress Anne Heche has 'long recovery ahead' after car crash

@sktchy wrote:

Anne Heche is not the victim

She has caused the woman whose home she torched with her reckless drunken driving unbelievable pain.

That woman lost family mementos, computer, work materials, on and on.  The only bright side to this mess Anne Heche made is the saving of this woman's family fur occupants.

The victim homeowner is now tasked with straightening out the mess Anne Heche has made.  It will take awhile for the real victim YEARS to reconcile in court if she sues.

I would say that everyone involved is a victim.  The persons whose homes she destroyed will re-build and hopefully put this awful thing behind them.  Hopefully, Anne Heche will make it through and it may help her live a better life w/o alcohol giving her a reason to live.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

I guess my question now is that if she was drinking while doing a podcast and appeared drunk while on air, where are all the other people involved - knowing that she was drunk leaving the studio in her car?

What do you mean where were all the people?  Anne Heche is a grown woman.  People don't get involved for many reasons.  Ready to blame them for her alcoholism?

Esteemed Contributor

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

Neither you nor I are psychiatrists so we don't know the severity of Ms. Heche's mental illness, or if she is mentally ill at all. I would venture a guess that there are a whole lot of people who have had traumatic things happen during their childhood but they don't go and get dead drunk and drive their cars into peoples' homes or plow into a crowd of people or shoot up a school or a mall. That is no excuse. I lived with an alcoholic for 16 years and what I learned is that a drunk only loves 2 things: himself and booze. The same holds true for drug addicts. They have no empathy or feeling for anyone else and no sense of right and wrong. Ms. Heche had no right to do what she did and there is no excuse. If she is indeed mentally ill, which given her history is probably the case, she should have been under a psychiatrist's care. If she was on medication, she should have been monitored. If the medication wasn't working, she should have been placed in a  psychiatric hospital where she couldn't harm herself or anyone else. So stop making excuses for her. She chose to do what she did and she is paying a horrible price for her actions.  Anne Heche most likely wil not survive this but if she does, she will most likely be horribly disfigured and disabled. Being burnt like that is a horrible way to die and for that, I pity her. 

@Buffalogal47 If she is an alcoholic ~ she is mentally ill.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@Buffalogal47  Now isn't the time or place to discuss what an alcoholic is or isn't; or for that matter a blank statement of whom they love.

I will say as the daughter of a functioning alcoholic, I feel umbrage at the way you feel the need to barrage all alcoholics as unloving individuals.

Finally, my father was a sweet loving man who cared for me for 13 years.  He protected me from a mother who was neither loving or kind.

You have a right to the way you feel.  But please don't make such a blanket statement about ALL alcoholics.

Thank you in advance.

Well stated @Annabellethecat66 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gertrudecloset 

"@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

I guess my question now is that if she was drinking while doing a podcast and appeared drunk while on air, where are all the other people involved - knowing that she was drunk leaving the studio in her car?

What do you mean where were all the people?  Anne Heche is a grown woman.  People don't get involved for many reasons.  Ready to blame them for her alcoholism?"

Heche probably has assistants working for her.  She probably has family members and friends who are concerned about her.  Many times when a person is being self destructive and a threat to others the police are called and the person could be held on a 5150.  No one is blaming other people for Heche's alcoholism but what happened to that adage "Friends don't let friends drive drunk".

The definition of a 5150 is "5150 refers to the California law code for the temporary, involuntary psychiatric commitment of individuals who present a danger to themselves or others due to signs of mental illness. It has been more generally applied to people who are considered threateningly unstable or “crazy.”"

Esteemed Contributor

@lgfan wrote:

@gertrudecloset 

"@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

What do you mean where were all the people?  Anne Heche is a grown woman.  People don't get involved for many reasons.  Ready to blame them for her alcoholism?"

Heche probably has assistants working for her.  She probably has family members and friends who are concerned about her.  Many times when a person is being self destructive and a threat to others the police are called and the person could be held on a 5150.  No one is blaming other people for Heche's alcoholism but what happened to that adage "Friends don't let friends drive drunk".

The definition of a 5150 is "5150 refers to the California law code for the temporary, involuntary psychiatric commitment of individuals who present a danger to themselves or others due to signs of mental illness. It has been more generally applied to people who are considered threateningly unstable or “crazy.”"

@lgfan Oh yes, I can see this.  However, these people (assistants) want to keep their jobs.  These employees are not likely to become involved in their employer's business.  It's none of their business, actually.  Only good friends, and family (loved ones) people who love and care about ~ who would go out on a limb to stop you from driving while drunk.  Can't see employees doing it.

Contributor

so much speculation on why no one helped her...illl be willing to bet everyone tried and tried u can not always help someone with mental or bi polar or even drug and alchol addiction friends and family were probably trying everything to help her ..fix her..change her there is a point they cant be helped and it is frustrating and hard for thoes who are trying hopeing for a change its just not that simple...its a bad situtation all around

Honored Contributor

I don't know if it's true but I saw the young woman doing the podcast say the podcast was made a day or two BEFORE the accident.

A Doctor who isn't treating Ms Heche said often burn victims die from damage to the lungs from smoke.

She has 2 sons.  I'm sure it's a terrible time for them too.

Honored Contributor

Anne Heche is an adult and responsible for her on actions.  She could have hurt someone one but never apparently considered the reality.

Shame!!!

Honored Contributor

@sktchy wrote:

Anne Heche is not the victim

She has caused the woman whose home she torched with her reckless drunken driving unbelievable pain.

That woman lost family mementos, computer, work materials, on and on.  The only bright side to this mess Anne Heche made is the saving of this woman's family fur occupants.

The victim homeowner is now tasked with straightening out the mess Anne Heche has made.  It will take awhile for the real victim YEARS to reconcile in court if she sues.

@sktchy 

I understand your point, but all that is just STUFF ... just "things".   Nobody died.  She can get a new home and start over.   That's why we have insurance.  

Now, if someone had been killed, well, that would be a tragedy.