Esteemed Contributor

Re: Actress Anne Heche has 'long recovery ahead' after car crash

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@sktchy wrote:

Anne Heche is not the victim

She has caused the woman whose home she torched with her reckless drunken driving unbelievable pain.

That woman lost family mementos, computer, work materials, on and on.  The only bright side to this mess Anne Heche made is the saving of this woman's family fur occupants.

The victim homeowner is now tasked with straightening out the mess Anne Heche has made.  It will take awhile for the real victim YEARS to reconcile in court if she sues.

@sktchy 

I understand your point, but all that is just STUFF ... just "things".   Nobody died.  She can get a new home and start over.   That's why we have insurance.  

Now, if someone had been killed, well, that would be a tragedy.

@Tinkrbl44- This is cold.  First of all, the person who lost the "STUFF" was a renter not the homeowner. Unless she was carrying renters insurance then she's starting at base zero.  Even if she did/does have renters insurance, there are hoops to get a claim paid.

I don't know if you've ever had to start all over with nothing, it isn't so easy.

Nothing about this incident should draw a flippant response.

Just because (thankfully) no one died, it is still a tragedy for those involved.

Respected Contributor

@Trailrun23 wrote:

She was with Degeneres for a long time before they broke up. Apparently it was Ellen's idea to break up, not hers. We can only speculate as to what happened yesterday where she was so badly injured by crashing her car. I thought she was a very talented actress and thought she was so cute, especially when she wore her hair in a pixie cut. Sounds like she has had major, long-standing mental issues and drug problems for most of her life if she had problems 22 years ago and she is now 53. Prayers she fully recovers and can get whatever help she needs.  Her story is very sad. 

That's not true. It wasn't Ellen's idea to break up--Heche left her for one of the camera men on Ellen's tour, then later married him.

In fact, Ellen once said that Heche broke her heart and that, before their breakup, she "had always been the one to leave relationships." 

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

The GoFundMe set up by the homeowners for the renter has raised over $130,000 so far.  

Honored Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@sktchy wrote:

Anne Heche is not the victim

She has caused the woman whose home she torched with her reckless drunken driving unbelievable pain.

That woman lost family mementos, computer, work materials, on and on.  The only bright side to this mess Anne Heche made is the saving of this woman's family fur occupants.

The victim homeowner is now tasked with straightening out the mess Anne Heche has made.  It will take awhile for the real victim YEARS to reconcile in court if she sues.

@sktchy 

I understand your point, but all that is just STUFF ... just "things".   Nobody died.  She can get a new home and start over.   That's why we have insurance.  

Now, if someone had been killed, well, that would be a tragedy.

@Tinkrbl44- This is cold.  First of all, the person who lost the "STUFF" was a renter not the homeowner. Unless she was carrying renters insurance then she's starting at base zero.  Even if she did/does have renters insurance, there are hoops to get a claim paid.

I don't know if you've ever had to start all over with nothing, it isn't so easy.

Nothing about this incident should draw a flippant response.

Just because (thankfully) no one died, it is still a tragedy for those involved.

@qbetzforreal 

Actually, I have had to start over after a tragedy, so I DO know how this feels.  My perspective is years after the fact, okay?

I have also had two cars stolen in a ten year period, and it was difficult, to say the least.

When one of my cars was stolen, the police officer tried to give me some perspective.  He said, basically, if they REALLY wanted your car and you were in the way, they could have seriously hurt or killed you.  Keep in mind that no one is dead.  You can get another car, but you cannot replace a life.  That's why you have car insurance.  You can replace the "stuff" ... but it's good that no one is dead.

I don't disagree with you.  Sorry if my point wasn't made clear.

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

Like @Trailrun23 and others said, her story is sad. I read more about her background.

Obviously I knew who she was because of her relationship with Ellen. I hadn't seen her in anything until I watched Men in Trees. I thought she was great in that, and the chemistry between her and her costar James Tupper was off the charts! They did get together IRL and have a son together. 

@beach-mom 

Oh, my .... I forgot about hunky James Tupper and the show Men In Trees .... they were so sweet together!

Honored Contributor

I feel,bad for the poor woman who lost everything. When I think of all the paperwork, birth certificate, passport, house deed, retirement info car info, car insurances....I can go on and on. Having to research and get all of it can be mind boggling.

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ"I feel,bad for the poor woman who lost everything. When I think of all the paperwork, birth certificate, passport, house deed, retirement info car info, car insurances....I can go on and on. Having to research and get all of it can be mind boggling."

It is just not the material things that she lost but also the trauma of having a crazy woman driving into your house.  She will probably have some health issues of her own since she probably had smoke inhalation.  I read that she was only a few feet away from the car when it stopped.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

i'm sorry for both parties. I doubt Anne will ever  "recover". She may heal physically, enough to take care of herself, but she will never be mentally stable. Her history shows she just can't help herself. It might be drugs, achohol or mental illness but if she's tried all these years and nothings work, why would her future be any different? I hope she never again gets a drivers license and i hope the renter sues for some $$ recovery.

this may be too harsh, for some, but i think it is a honest look at reality.

Esteemed Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

I guess my question now is that if she was drinking while doing a podcast and appeared drunk while on air, where are all the other people involved - knowing that she was drunk leaving the studio in her car?

What do you mean where were all the people?  Anne Heche is a grown woman.  People don't get involved for many reasons.  Ready to blame them for her alcoholism?

Nobody is blaming for her alcoholism. There is blame if anyone looks the other way when some one decides to drive drunk, I'ts my responsibility and yours to not let that happen. That's a 4000 pound plus weapon.  

Honored Contributor

I didn't read this entire thread but just read her toxicology report came back positive for narcotics.