Respected Contributor

Re: Actress Anne Heche has 'long recovery ahead' after car crash

I guess my question now is that if she was drinking while doing a podcast and appeared drunk while on air, where are all the other people involved - knowing that she was drunk leaving the studio in her car?

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Her condition does not surprise me if you saw her car after the impact and fire.  A challenging life without resolution...we never know the trials of another or the depth of their resistence to face themselves.  This accident could have taken down others.  She may never be conscious of the harm done to herself and others.  Hopefully she will have another chance to face her difficulties and find some resolution while she is here on our earth. Many aspects of hard times ahead for her on many levels.  

Respected Contributor

Anne will probably not survive the accident.  If the bloodwork done indicates she was under the influence then the homeowner and tenant will be compensated for their losses with criminal and civil lawsuits.  The GoFundMe for the tenant will probably also help her to rebuild her life.

I do hope that Anne survives, but mostly I think about her 2 sons who will never have their mom back again, regardless of the outcome.

Respected Contributor

I read online that it took 65 minutes for the firefighters to get the fire out & pull the car out to get to her & rescue her.  That's a long time before aid was started, so it's not surprising that her condition is as bad as reported.  

Can bloodwork done this long after the accident show if she was impaired? 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm wondering about the bloodwork done and the timing regarding the BAC.  They had to wait to get a search warrant under California law.  If too much times went past, it might now register the true BAC at the time of the incident.

Honored Contributor

People Magazine is reporting that she is still in a Coma, and on a ventilator. I pray she comes through this, and gets the help that she desperately needs....

I know I shouldn't, but I do wonder what Ellen is thinking and feeling. I remember Ellen being very much in love with Anne, and then Anne ended up marrying a man after Ellen....

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

People Magazine is reporting that she is still in a Coma, and on a ventilator. I pray she comes through this, and gets the help that she desperately needs....

I know I shouldn't, but I do wonder what Ellen is thinking and feeling. I remember Ellen being very much in love with Anne, and then Anne ended up marrying a man after Ellen....

@CANDLEQUEEN 

I believe there is severe damage to her lungs, understandably with smoke and burning materials.  She is also having surgery for her burns.

As far as Ellen, that was so long ago and really is not what Anne is all about.  I believe Anne's career had suffered Anne and Ellen coming out as one of the first public LBGTQ couple.

I do not remember anything really negative; Anne said it was amicable.

As far as Anne marrying a man, it is none of Ellen's business and Ellen has moved on in her own relationship with Portia.

What Ellen "feels" about Anne's marriage to a man-it does not matter.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

@Bri369 Of course she did. She was drunk. She chose to drink. She chose to get behind the wheel of that car. She chose to drive at 90 to 100 mph on a residential street. The devil didn't make her do it. She is 100% responsible for her own actions. Would you make the same excuse for this woman if she weren't an actress and it was your house that was destroyed?

It's not an excuse @Buffalogal47  It just provides a historical accounting of why people do what they do. Keep in mind we do not know what co-morbidities Anne Heche has been diagnosed with either.  

Addicts/alcoholics have free will. Some can't tolerate feeling sick, and others are just not ready to give up the drug of choice. There are myriad of reasons why. There are also a lot nuances when you have someone traumatized as a child. The brain is changed, so it does not process as it should. This can cause someone to be impulsive, or suicidal. It can also ignite other mental health issues. 

I feel for Anne, and the trauma that tortures her everyday. I also feel for the woman innocently involved. 

Esteemed Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

I guess my question now is that if she was drinking while doing a podcast and appeared drunk while on air, where are all the other people involved - knowing that she was drunk leaving the studio in her car?

@CAcableGirl2  I don't know anything about the podcast, so I'll try and look it up later. I think you hit the nail on the head here. Why didn't someone confiscate her keys. Even call the police if they had to, so she did not drive. We are our brothers keeper. 

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN "I know I shouldn't, but I do wonder what Ellen is thinking and feeling. I remember Ellen being very much in love with Anne, and then Anne ended up marrying a man after Ellen...."

My guess would be that Ellen is probably happy that she dodged a bullet.