Honored Contributor

Re: Actress Anne Heche has 'long recovery ahead' after car crash

She has been pretty open about her mental issues. I have to wonder if she wanted to die. Her fate rests with a higher power and the skilled professionals tending to her injuries; I hope she is able to recover physically and mentally.

Honored Contributor

Obviously, she had some kind of incapacity going on.  I don't know if anything has been released yet as to what happened with her.  I feel sorry for her and I hope she makes a full and complete recovery.  And whatever happened that caused her to have this wreck, I hope in the future, it gets addressed as well.  I truly hate to see anyone suffer no matter what.  I am just glad that nobody else was hurt or killed.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bri369 wrote:

I truly feel very bad for her.  I hope she gets the mental help she needs.  

I can't stand the comments about how she deserves whatever.  No one deserves to live in pain - mental, emotional or physical.  I'm very surprised she survived.  The smoke inhalation was probably enough to kill her. 

@Bri369   of course you can't because you realize you can separate a person from their actions on their worst day. It is possible to feel compassion for Ms. Heche even though her poor judgement and inexcusable behavior put this whole thing into motion. It's also possible to sympathize with and feel compassion for the person who lost her home/possessions through no fault of her own. We don't have to pick one. Thank you for that reminder.

Btw you are one of the people I miss. You know where. ❤️

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Trusted Contributor

I hope the homeowner gets a good lawyer and most of AH's assets.

Super Contributor

@candyagain wrote:

I hope the homeowner gets a good lawyer and most of AH's assets.

I also am annoyed how compassion seems to only flow to Anne Heche and  not the person who lost their house. Yes, there is mental illness but she chose to drink and drive. People go to prison for that decision.

Honored Contributor

@lgfan wrote:
Sorry but I have no sympathy for her. She could have killed or permanently disabled someone with her reckless behavior. Criminal charges should be brought against her for her irresponsible behavior.

Drug addicts and Alcoholics are loose cannon's...they are irrational and much of the time self centered and selfish.  She could have tried to take her own life in another way not affecting others or endangering the lives of others.  I have had many addicts around me in my life. They are always needy and take take take. Yes, it is the disease that makes them this way....but it still does not make it right to drive a 3,381 pound  car 90 miles an hour in a neighborhood....and hit into  houses and destroy lives.  Thankfully she did not kill anyone. 

Honored Contributor

DId not read all the replies. Forgive me. Read years ago that she was bi-polar.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Respected Contributor

People cannot have it both ways. There are groups that want to remove the stigma of mental illness but as soon as mentally ill people commit criminal acts then it is okay to blame the mental illness on their behavior. Many people suffer traumatic experiences in their lives but do not commit criminal acts.
Regular Contributor

I happen to like her as a performer but she has been a walking disaster waiting to happen.  I have no sympathy for alcoholics and drug addicts.  Make your own bed and lie in it.  

I do hope that this is a real wake up call for her.  So far she has destroyed a strangers house and guaranteed she has destroyed their lives and her own.

Respected Contributor

There hasn't been a determination made yet if she was under the influence of anything.

She is in intensive care and probably in a lot of pain.  In case anyone wants to help the occupant of the home, I read that there is a GoFundMe for her (I'm not sure if she if the owner or a tenant), but she lost most of her belongings in the fire.