Regular Contributor

Re: Actress Anne Heche has 'long recovery ahead' after car crash

Awful accident!  Indeed a long, painful recovery.  

Wonder if she's still dating Peter Thomas Roth?  They were romantically involved last Sept 2021 when introduced to each other in the Hamptons.  

Honored Contributor

@RealQuiet wrote:

Awful accident!  Indeed a long, painful recovery.  

Wonder if she's still dating Peter Thomas Roth?  They were romantically involved last Sept 2021 when introduced to each other in the Hamptons.  

I've read that they are exes but he's been there for her, speaking, since the accident.

She was clearly not right, in the pics seen when she ran into that parking thing, before the house, so I do hope they are able to take blood or something to get that info.   I don't think the issue is a law thing.  It's probably a medical thing from the POV of doctors.  IANAD, so I don't know what's entailed in that.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom I lived in CA for 61 years and I doubt that the fact it happened there is the reason, and perhaps medical info cannot be legally released.  Good grief. There may be legal or medical reasons she can't be tested but I really don't think it's because it happened in California. Seriously.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids 

Well, "seriously", I lived in CA for many years too, LA to be exact and everyone there knows better.

You have your opinion, I have mine, I'll leave it at that.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Sounds like a trainwreck to me. If she had problems before the accident...

Respected Contributor

The homeowner survived because she was at the back of her home & escaped with the help of a neighbor who ran to help, he also tried to get Anne out but couldn't. It took 59 firefighters over an hour to get the fire under control, the home is a total loss. What happened to Anne is on her...Thank Goodness she didn't hurt anyone else,

Honored Contributor

Burn victims release certain hormones that compromise testing for alcohol. That's likely the reason she wasn't tested.  It has nothing to do with California.  

Honored Contributor

@kitcat51 

Along with the house being a total loss, so are their prized possessions, photos, important records/documents and reminders of their happy memories there.

They're the only ones I feel bad for.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@kitcat51 

Along with the house being a total loss, so are their prized possessions, photos, important records/documents and reminders of their happy memories there.

They're the only ones I feel bad for.

Yeah, that's pretty much where I am.  She's made some really bad choices and if she wants to harm herself, fine.  I have no problem with that.

But to drive at high speed into somebody's house is just beyond the pale and I wonder if she will even feel badly about that.  It's a horrible shame that she wasn't apprehended with the parking garage incident, before she took off at high speed and drove into their house.  I can't even imagine!

I'd be wiling to bet that she was VERY messed up on something.  that's no excuse, but she made some horrible choices there and it ended up affectingn others.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Very high suicide rate for post burn victims. And she obviously was a trainwrck before this event.