Esteemed Contributor

Re: Actress Anne Heche has 'long recovery ahead' after car crash

Thanks, @mousiegirl .  So long ago....

Honored Contributor

The photos of the accident look horrific.  She has a very long road ahead of her. 

See the source image

Respected Contributor

Thankfully she didn't hit anyone.  There is a video from a home on the street where the accident happened.  Based on the video, she was going EXTREMELY fast.  

I pray for her and for her to recover and figure out how to handle her mental issues. 

Very sad, she has so much life ahead of her - I hope she can get better. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tique wrote:

@J Town Girl wrote:

...I always thought she was such a pretty woman.  I was hoping that her issues were behind her.  Apparently she is still having them.  Fleeing from the scene of an accident is an indication that something else is going on.  

I hope she is able to recover and get throught this horrendous experience.

@J Town Girl  I agree with you Anne Heche was a pretty woman but years of abuse had began to show. She had a recurring part on Chicago PD but I don't think she was on at all during this past season.

I also hope she recovers and seeks the help she desperately seems to need. From looking at pictures of this incident she is lucky to still be here. Thankfully even thought she totally destroyed the house she drove into, no one else was seriously hurt.

@Tique 

I agree, not so pretty these days, substance abuse takes it's toll....notice the bottle by the gear shift (red cap on it) in this photo.....authorities say it appears to be alcohol.

But due to her condition and being intubated, she can't be tested for DUI.

anne heche

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

She's a wonderful actress.  If anyone's interested, she's in a movie on Netflix titled "The Vanished".  It's a good movie.  Came out in 2020.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom   not being sarcastic but if you had posted that picture anywhere but this thread I would have glanced at it and never realized it was Anne Heche.

From 2014:

Anne Heche July 14, 2014 (cropped).jpg

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Tique 

I agree, not so pretty these days, substance abuse takes it's toll....notice the bottle by the gear shift (red cap on it) in this photo.....authorities say it appears to be alcohol.

But due to her condition and being intubated, she can't be tested for DUI.

anne heche

I don't get it - Why can't she be tested?

I also read what @KingstonsMom  wrote at TMZ

"We do not know the extent of her injuries or burns. We're told she's currently in the hospital intubated but expected to live. We're told her condition prevents doctors from performing any tests to determine if she was driving under the influence of alcohol."

Esteemed Contributor

Why couldn't they do a blood test for alcohol?

Respected Contributor

Anne was totally out of control. From what? Possibly under the influence of drugs/etoh, maybe mania (I've often wondered about Bipolar d/o with Anne), or perhaps suicidal ideation. We may never find out, unless she speaks about it. She HAS shared quite a bit in the past. 

She has a history of meltdowns, with altered thought processes, delusions and bizarre behavior. So, I wasn't surprised. She's emotionally very fragile, clearly linked to the horrors of her youth. She's a perfect candidate for self medicating with drugs/etoh, to numb those memories and self perceived failings, too. 

She's lucky she didn't die this time. It's never too late for a wake up call. I hope she receives some (long term) intense psychological help this go around (it might be mandated considering severity of this event), for her safety and that of others. At least she'll have to be in the hospital for a while with her injuries and won't be able to avoid a good Psych work-up, or sign out AMA. 

I always liked Anne and followed her story, whenever I could, hoping she would find some prolonged happiness. Maybe this terrible event will finally be the catalyst for healing. I hope so. 

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2@drizzellla 

I don't get that either, was does being intubated have to do with a simple blood alcohol test??

That's CA for ya'.....

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.