Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Actress Anne Heche has 'long recovery ahead' after car crash

[ Edited ]

She has severe burns and has a long recovery ahead. Her team and her family are still trying to process what led up to the crash," a source close to Heche told CNN Saturday morning.

Heche, 53, was driving a blue Mini Cooper when she first crashed into a garage of an apartment complex inLos Angeles

Witnesses told TMZ they tried to help the actress out of her car before she fled.

Shortly after her first crash, Heche then crashed into a nearby home in Mar Vista and ignited a fire, according to FOX 11. The fire reportedly engulfed the house, and Heche was rushed to a Los Angeles hospital by ambulance.

Mental illness( a bit of back ground on Anne Heche...)

On August 19, 2000, Heche drove from Los Angeles to outside Fresno, California, and parked her Toyota SUV along a dusty roadside. Wearing only a bra and shorts, Heche walked 1+12 miles (2.4 km) through the desert and knocked on the door of a stranger's ranch house. When the home's occupant, Araceli Campiz, opened the door, she immediately recognized Heche from the film Six Days, Seven Nights. Campiz recalled: "I was thinking, 'Oh my God, we're in the middle of nowhere', and she walks in." Campiz said that Heche gulped down glass upon glass of water, and then "took off her Nikes and said she needed to take a shower", at which point Campiz obliged, offering Heche a towel. As far as Campiz could tell, Heche was not drunk, drugged, or ill; however, Heche later admitted that she had taken Ecstasy After Heche had a shower, she got settled in the living room, requested a pair of slippers, and suggested that Campiz do the same. "She wanted to watch a movie, but the VCR was broken," according to Campiz.Bemused at first, Campiz grew uneasy when Heche showed no sign of leaving—calling neither friends nor a garage—after half an hour had passed. Campiz has stated: "I didn't know what to do. So I called the sheriffs department.According to a police report that was aired on KSEE-TV, when deputies arrived, Heche told them that she was "God, and was going to take everyone back to heaven in a spaceship." The deputies summoned an ambulance, which ferried Heche the 50 miles (80 km) to Fresno's University Medical Center, where she was admitted to the psychiatric unit, from which she was released after a few hours.

Heche stated she was "imsane" for the first 31 years of her life, and that this was triggered by being sexually abused by her father during her infancy and childhood.[79][80] In a series of interviews with Barbara Walters, Matt Lauer, and Larry King to promote Call Me Crazy in 2001, Heche stated on national television that she created a fantasy world called the "Fourth Dimension" to make herself feel safe, and had an alter ego who was the daughter of God and half-sister of Jesus Christ named "Celestia", who had contacts with extraterrestrial life forms.Heche said she recovered from her mental health concerns following the incident in Cantua Creek and has put her alter ego behind her.

Sounds like she was an extremely complicated personality....  so beautiful and  extremely talented... with deep rooted problems, I am sure there is a lot more to this car crash than just an accident.  Praying she pulls through and gets the help she needs....

Honored Contributor

Re: Actress Anne Heche has 'long recovery ahead' after car crash

This happened 22 years ago!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

The article that @SeaMaiden  posted about the incident in Fresno was in 2000.  The car crash where Anne was severely burned just happened.  

I always thought she was such a pretty woman.  I was hoping that her issues were behind her.  Apparently she is still having them.  Fleeing from the scene of an accident is an indication that something else is going on.  

I hope she is able to recover and get throught this horrendous experience.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Actress Anne Heche has ‘long recovery ahead’ after car crash

By Chloe Melas and Cheri Mossburg, CNN
Updated 10:13 AM EDT, Sat August 6, 2022

Esteemed Contributor

Was she once married to Rosie O'Donnell?

Esteemed Contributor

I was very confused. I missed the publication date of the article posted. 

Valued Contributor

I thought she was together with Ellen DeGeneres at one time.

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

Was she once married to Rosie O'Donnell?

@febe1   No, 

Ellen DeGeneres (1997–2000)
Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl wrote:

...I always thought she was such a pretty woman.  I was hoping that her issues were behind her.  Apparently she is still having them.  Fleeing from the scene of an accident is an indication that something else is going on.  

@J Town Girl  I agree with you Anne Heche was a pretty woman but years of abuse had began to show. She had a recurring part on Chicago PD but I don't think she was on at all during this past season.

I also hope she recovers and seeks the help she desperately seems to need. From looking at pictures of this incident she is lucky to still be here. Thankfully even thought she totally destroyed the house she drove into, no one else was seriously hurt.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl wrote:

The article that @SeaMaiden  posted about the incident in Fresno was in 2000.  The car crash where Anne was severely burned just happened.  

I always thought she was such a pretty woman.  I was hoping that her issues were behind her.  Apparently she is still having them.  Fleeing from the scene of an accident is an indication that something else is going on.  

@J Town Girl    she was traveling at a high rate of speed... hitting two buildings...something was going on with her..