Esteemed Contributor

Re: Actor or Actress whom you no longer enjoy or care for.

Angelina Jolie

But I did watch Maleficent and loved it

Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak,

I feel the same way about her but I loved Maleficent too. She really was wonderful in that and I loved her expressions when watching her daughter in the movie. I guess that was very natural too as that is her real daughter. So nice.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay  Wow I didn’t know that was her daughter 

Honored Contributor

I didn't either but read it was her daughter. Vivienne-Jolie Pitt played  the 5 year old Aurora.

Then there was another girl who played the 8 year old Aurora, then Elle Fanning who played her the rest of the time.

I never even realized there were so many for Aurora! 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chiclet wrote:

I choose shows and movies more about what they are about than who is in it.  Hate science fiction no matter who is in it.  I really don't care for Jennifer Lopez or Julia Roberts in something even though they are perfectly lovely people.  I have been watching a lot of English and Australian shows on Acorn and love watching things when I don't know anything about the actors or actresses.  Looks is not a necessity for English actors.  

@chiclet 

Or, apparently, actors on Law and Order.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qvcfreak wrote:

Angelina Jolie

But I did watch Maleficent and loved it

@qvcfreak 

Funny, but I really like and respect her, and her deft handling of her crazy father who has tried to sabotage her career behind the scenes.  He's a real fruitcake.

Many years ago, her humanitarian instincts were apparent.  In her 20s she said if she's paid $10 million for a movie, she thought she should donate $5 million of it to charity.   How many 20 somethings are thinking like that at that age ... and follow through?  

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

It's funny how actors should not be allowed to have political views even though they are part of this country.  Last I saw we do vote here. I guess some posters here don't associate with anyone who is not of the same party that they are. Never heard of anything so ridiculous. Carry on with the hate.

@proudlyfromNJ 

What I've never understood is why some are so threatened by differing opinions.   It's really surprising that it freaks some out so much.  

Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak @on the bay  Speaking of Angelina, I watched Midnight Cowboy the other night and couldn't believe how much she looked like a young Jon Voight. Although I suppose she wouldn't want to hear that.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ,

That was such a memorable movie.

And yes I can see the resemblance too.

Sometimes even if I don't like what I've read or seen about an actor or actress or just something that makes me not like them, I can watch something they are in and be surprised that they are really a good actor, and be able to enjoy the movie all over again. 

Honored Contributor

Christian Bale

Reese Witherspoon

Julia Roberts, as she has a reputation for being so nasty, and I just can't forget about reading how she offered Her current hsuband's 1st wife money to leave him...I just have no respect fo her, no matter how good her acting might be....

There are a couple more, but have to think about it some more, and add to my list!!!