Esteemed Contributor

Actor or Actress whom you no longer enjoy or care for.

I was attempting to watch Patriot Games with Harrison Ford but, I have such a negative opinion of him that I ended up changing the channel. This is a movie that I have enjoyed in the past. 

I was a fan, truly enjoyed the Star Wars Trilogy, Indiana Jones, and other movies that had made.

I want to say at least 20 years ago I was watching MTV, and they were so happy to get an opportunity to interview him. He was such a Jerk during the interview, his entire body language and short responses were that he did not want to be there. I thought to myself why even bother to show up if that's the attitude that you are going to have.

I have such a negative opinion of him now that I can feel my face scrunching up whenever he appears. He has not made movies in quite awhile, but my opinion of him was forever changed on that day.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Actor or Actress whom you no longer enjoy or care for.

A no-brainer, Mel Gibson. You can interpret that sentence both ways. I can still watch Harrison Ford, although I have seen him in interviews and he is awful...condescending, unresponsive, almost catatonic. 

Honored Contributor

That's a good question, @icezeus .   I'd say Harrison Ford has struck me the same way in interviews.  That may have subconsciously affected whether I seek out any of his films to watch.  I've not watched anything of his, probably for decades-- and I used to really like "Patriot Games",  etc. too.

As a film noir fan, I've always loved Forties'/Fifties femme fatale Gloria Grahame, who was truly talented.  But I'd say that the whole sordid thing with her step-son, has turned me off her.  I can't watch her films, even her great ones, without being uncomfortably aware of what she did.

It's the same with Woody Allen.  I used to find some of his films hysterical, but can't watch them now.

Honored Contributor

All of them?  The entertainment industry is simply out of sight out of mind now to me.  I haven't seen much I was interested in 15 or more years.  

Respected Contributor

All of them, actually, but especially Will Smith.

Respected Contributor

Alec Baldwin because of the voice mail he left for his daughter Ireland. Saying that she was a little pig was uncalled for. He is truly a rude and insensitive man.
Trusted Contributor

I used to watch the sitcom on TV - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, but never really had any desire to watch any of Will Smith's movies, or Jada's.  Same goes for Woody Allen, I cringe whenever I happened to come across any of his movies while channel surfing, he just creeps me out!

Trusted Contributor

Jimmy (JJ) walker.  His commercials drive me crazy.  

Honored Contributor

I honestly can't think of any actor or actress whose personal life affects my enjoyment of his or her movies.  Still watch Woody Allen, Harrison Ford (never seen him give an interview), Mel Gibson, etc.  Perhaps it's best not to know too much about a person's private life.

Esteemed Contributor

I feel the acting world is in a world of their own.  They have no connection or understanding of how real people live, JMO.  The first one to come to mind (though if I think about it there are many) was Tom Cruise.  I used to love him and saw every movie he has done.  But the whole craziness with his Scientology and how he treated Nicole Kidman and Katie Holmes has really changed my opinion of him.