Respected Contributor

Re: Actor or Actress whom you no longer enjoy or care for.

[ Edited ]

@Stray wrote:
Alec Baldwin

I loved him in Beetlejuice.  @Stray He doesn't like to be reminded he was in that film.

@beach-mom  Your neighbors sister is correct. I lived in the same neighborhood in the 80's and he was always an Officer and a Gentleman! 😂 What a down to earth guy! I still love him today.

Esteemed Contributor

I guess just because you can memorize and read lines convincingly, look pretty good, doesn't make you a decent person.  Mel Gibson...ugh. I've loved some of his movies. Still do. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KBEANS wrote:

@Stray wrote:
Alec Baldwin

I loved him in Beetlejuice.  @Stray He doesn't like to be reminded he was in that film.

@beach-mom  Your neighbors sister is correct. I lived in the same neighborhood in the 80's and he was always an Officer and a Gentleman! 😂 What a down to earth guy! I still love him today.

@KBEANS - You're so lucky! Did you ever get to talk to him? I've had a "chance" to talk to a celebrity twice, but DH has always "reined me in," saying something like, "The guy's just trying to do his shopping," Next time I'm going to break free from DH and do what I want! LOL!  But he does have a point. At this point in my life I would probably not disturb them. 

I have met a few celebrities out and about in different ways throughout the years. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom   Don't leave us hanging!  Please can you tell us who the celebrities were that you spoke with and the ones you've seen around town?

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

@beach-mom   Don't leave us hanging!  Please can you tell us who the celebrities were that you spoke with and the ones you've seen around town?

@Citrine1 - I'm trying to remember some of them! I met Dolly Parton (DD was about 4; and ran right to her!), Lauren Holly, Jack Hanna, Sean Elliott, and Frankie Valli when we lived in Texas, I saw Joachin Phoenix around when he filmed near us. I met Pat Boone in a store when I was a teenager. He was there shopping. We were trying to figure out who he was when someone who was with him heard us and brought him over. I've met a few well-known authors at book signings. I was invited to a special dinner and sat at a table next to Brooks Robinson and Cal Ripken, Jr. (baseball). That's all I can think of right now.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

How fun for you @beach-mom .  Thanks for your response.  That's quite a few celebrities!  

Esteemed Contributor

@blueroses47 wrote:

The two that immediately come to mind are Robert DeNiro and Meryl Streep.

A person has to do something truly heinous for me to not watch them anymore. So, political views aren't necessarily going to stop me.  However, I also have found myself not rushing to Meryl's movies (although I will still watch them). And it's because of one reason - her lifetime achievement speech at, I think, the Golden Globes a few years back. I think most here know what I'm talking about.  And, I actually agreed with much of what she said - it's not that we were on opposite sides.  It was (1) the venue, but more importantly, (2) how she actively insulted people, commenting derisively about those who watch football and wrestling as if they were lesser than she was.  And, since then, whenever I see a story about football and it's recent cultural impact, I think about how much more football has done for change than her little speech did.

Valued Contributor

Tom Cruise

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@KBEANS wrote:

@Stray wrote:
Alec Baldwin

@beach-mom  Your neighbors sister is correct. I lived in the same neighborhood in the 80's and he was always an Officer and a Gentleman! ? What a down to earth guy! I still love him today.

@KBEANS - You're so lucky! Did you ever get to talk to him? I've had a "chance" to talk to a celebrity twice, but DH has always "reined me in," saying something like, "The guy's just trying to do his shopping," Next time I'm going to break free from DH and do what I want! LOL!  But he does have a point. At this point in my life I would probably not disturb them. 

I have met a few celebrities out and about in different ways throughout the years. Smiley Happy

@beach-mom  I used to stalk him when I was a teenager! 😝   This was like  78, 79. I didn't want to admit it in my last post but since you asked...hahaha.

The first time I saw him, my boyfriend knew him from the neighborhood and non chantlantly said, Hi Rich, and I was tripping over myself and blubbering.  I said, Hello, Baby in a Ralph Kramden voice...and he laughed. 

One time my friend was driving her little Red Chevette...not Corvette. As he was walking, she was inching the car alongside him. 
 We were relentless...saying things to him, like where are you going and we'll give you a ride and some other little ditties and honestly he was a good sport about it. 😆  He wasn't even mad, or annoyed;  he was laughing. He would always smile and even blush. Now you gotta remember; this was very early in his career, Blood Brothers, Mr Goodbar. So he didn't blow up yet to big star status yet. 

In the 80's, I was a little more reserved and it's hard to be a fan or fanatic while you push your baby in his carriage. 😆  I would always just smile at him or nod. He was always giving someone the slip when he lived in the village.

I live in NYC;  so I've seen numerous celebrities. Here are a few that impressed me. Ethan Hawke, Uma Thurman, (she loved my Yorkie and they are both friendly). Debbie Harry, Gilbert Gottfried, Steve Buscemi,  Bill Murray and many actors from the cast of Oz.  Numerous Soap Stars, Nicole Kidman...gorgeous. Sandra Bernhardt, She  has the most beautiful skin and personality. I saw her in Whole Foods. I saw Prince. Garth Brooks, Clint Black, Willie, and I met Toby Keith after a talk show, up close and conversed with him. He is so down to earth! 

My husband saw Issac Mizrahi before the pandemic; walking his dog. I said, Did you say hello? He said, Are you kidding? What would I say, "my wife wears your clothes?"  I said yes! 😝 Now a days I just smile at the celebrities. I don't draw attention to them and  I don't stalk them anymore. It's fun to be young and carefree!

Respected Contributor

freddie highmore from the good doctor