Respected Contributor

Re: Actor or Actress whom you no longer enjoy or care for.

@Spurt "Yes, your are right, they are entitled to their opinions, free speech and the Bill Of Rights and all, but there's a difference in having a particular point of view but not allowing others with a different perspective to have theirs or share theirs...in other words with them, "its my way and NOTHING ELSE" mentality......"

I agree with you.  What also bothers me is that they are so private about their lives.  They say the only thing they owe the public is a good performance but yet when it comes to politics they are front and center creating publicity for their causes.  For their politics it then becomes all right to face the public.

Trusted Contributor

The two that immediately come to mind are Robert DeNiro and Meryl Streep.

For years, for decades, they were at the top of my list of favorites.  Now I can hardly stand to look at them.

It's a combination of factors.  Firstly, I don't think either of them are as good as they once were.  They seem to overact and they seem to have almost become parodies of themselves, I not sure if I'm expressing it right.

I just don't enjoy them in their roles anymore.

Secondly, I personally don't like the way they behave in regard to their political views.  I'm respectful of their views, however, I don't think reward shows are the time and place to express them, especially the way DeNiro does. 
They both seem to take that moralizing tone which I just find personally offensive. 

So, I can barely watch either of them now, and that REALLY ruins the movie Falling In Love for me, which was a movie I really liked so much.  It was such a sweet, romantic movie.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't take those actors on the Medicare and reverse mortgage commercials. JJ and Tom Selleck, and Martin Sheen who I used to love. I don't care for Charlie Sheen anymore either. I can't stand looking at Ray Liotta and Rob Lowe. I actually think he still looks good but he turned me off when I saw him on Celebrity family feud and when he did a ghost hunting show while he was trying to push his sons down our throats.

@San Antonio Gal I'm mad at Will too. I also never thought he'd pull a stunt like that, especially that he is/was a comedian! I guess he forgot where he started...ranking on everyone including bald folks!  I love Chris Rock. Now we know he's a class act after that stunt. Good self control. 

@northiie57  mentioned Leah Remini. I just started disliking her on her game show. Her brash attitude and smart mouth toward the contestants left me with a bad taste over her. I understand she's a comedienne; but that tough girl act may have worked on The King of Queens, but not on a game show.

I noticed she toned it down a bit since season one, Sometimes she was so out of line.

Never cared for Tom Cruise at all  or DeNiro. I can watch DeNiro in 2 of his movies Goodfellas and The King of Comedy. Anything else I can't. He's so one dimensional in my book.

Still loving  Richard Gere, DeCaprio, and  Michael Caine.

Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Is the opposite of "woke" being asleep?

LOL! It's just another meaningless catchphrase.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Trusted Contributor

My thoughts on Julia Roberts is she is not all that.  I cannot deal with her runaway bride tatics and how she does not get along with her brother

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Christian Bale

Reese Witherspoon

Julia Roberts, as she has a reputation for being so nasty, and I just can't forget about reading how she offered Her current hsuband's 1st wife money to leave him...I just have no respect fo her, no matter how good her acting might be....

There are a couple more, but have to think about it some more, and add to my list!!!

Honored Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

A no-brainer, Mel Gibson. You can interpret that sentence both ways. I can still watch Harrison Ford, although I have seen him in interviews and he is awful...condescending, unresponsive, almost catatonic. 

I think he was like this when he was young....

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Stray wrote:

I really gave up on Hollywood and never go to a movie.  I'm sick of their political views & inserting themselves in politics.  But it's not too much of a loss for me as horror films are my favorite genre & big names or overly political persons are rarely in them.  

@Stray 

I guess this may come as a huge surprise to you but EVERYONE has opinions about politics ... and everything else.   So what?  Their right to have opinions is no different than yours or mine.

Personally, I find some statements to be very interesting, and others ... not so much.  

Your comment almost sounds like this is something new ... and it's not.   Back in 1973 Sasheen Littlefeather appeared for Marlon Brando, refusing the Oscar and making a political statement.  Yes, in 1973 ...  that's almost 50 years ago that this started.   So why people get their shorts in a knot for something like this is a little surprising.

JMO, of course ... and I'm entitled to it.  

@Tinkrbl44   I know politics has been infused in to entertainment and I stopped watching the Oscars after Brando.  I don't go to the movies any longer because I have my own views and everyone has a right to express themselves as I have the right not to listen or how I spend my money.  Horror is my genre and I watch On Demand if something looks interesting to me.   I don't watch award shows as I never see the movies.

Respected Contributor

Jennifer Lopez - I have read and heard that she treats people terribly and is a big diva.  I will not watch or view any of her films.

Respected Contributor

It would be Clint Eastwood. 

Do not care for him or his movies.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

Love Clint Eastwood and I don't even know if I've ever seen one of his movies!