Trusted Contributor

Re: Actor or Actress whom you no longer enjoy or care for.

After hearing that phone call, I lost all respect for Alec Baldwin. Hollywood celebrities are so out of touch with the real world, there are very few I care about seeing anymore. They share their "expert" opinions about virtually everything, but none of them realize nobody cares to hear them.

Contributor

I can't stand Robert DeNero   He has a nasty mouth and seems like a disagreeable person in general. Will not watch any of his performances.  I change the channel when he comes on the screen.

Valued Contributor

Michael Shannon because he said this about the former president supporters:

Shannon asserts that if you feel okay about supporting his presidency, it’s probably time for you to just die already. “there's a lot of old people who need to realize they've had a nice life, and it’s time for them to move on,” 

Seth Rogan because he bragged and laughed about saying mean things to the children of politician who just wanted to talk to him.

I don't care what their politics are but I care if they are mean and hateful. Anyone who would be mean to a child because they disagree with their parents politics  does not deserve my money.

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@icezeus wrote:

I was attempting to watch Patriot Games with Harrison Ford but, I have such a negative opinion of him that I ended up changing the channel. This is a movie that I have enjoyed in the past. 

I was a fan, truly enjoyed the Star Wars Trilogy, Indiana Jones, and other movies that had made.

I want to say at least 20 years ago I was watching MTV, and they were so happy to get an opportunity to interview him. He was such a Jerk during the interview, his entire body language and short responses were that he did not want to be there. I thought to myself why even bother to show up if that's the attitude that you are going to have.

I have such a negative opinion of him now that I can feel my face scrunching up whenever he appears. He has not made movies in quite awhile, but my opinion of him was forever changed on that day.

@icezeus   @Oznell 

Was he promoting a movie?  Harrison Ford didn't do interviews unless he was "forced" to do so, as if it might be part of the contract to promote the movie he is in.  I read that he is very self conscious and not comfortable doing interviews.  Not everyone is outgoing.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LindaSal wrote:

I feel the acting world is in a world of their own.  They have no connection or understanding of how real people live, JMO.  The first one to come to mind (though if I think about it there are many) was Tom Cruise.  I used to love him and saw every movie he has done.  But the whole craziness with his Scientology and how he treated Nicole Kidman and Katie Holmes has really changed my opinion of him.

@LindaSal 

I'm always surprised when people assume "the acting world" lives on another planet or something.   "Acting" is just another job, like accountant or dance instructor or vet. 

Many came from humble beginnings and have worked hard to develop their talents.  They have children, spouses and mortgages and worry about the same things you and I do.   One big difference, though, is that  they often get or lose acting jobs based on their looks.  Talent isn't enough to get the job.  Personally, I think that's much more precarious than most people would be comfortable with. 

Tom Cruise might be a good actor (although I don't think he is) but no matter what he did for a living, he would still be a jerk.  That would never change. 

JMO, of course.

Respected Contributor

I choose shows and movies more about what they are about than who is in it.  Hate science fiction no matter who is in it.  I really don't care for Jennifer Lopez or Julia Roberts in something even though they are perfectly lovely people.  I have been watching a lot of English and Australian shows on Acorn and love watching things when I don't know anything about the actors or actresses.  Looks is not a necessity for English actors.  

Trusted Contributor

This isn’t especially recent, but Sean Penn. He is a few years older than me and I kind of fell for him after seeing the movie “Taps”. For years I made a point to see every movie he was in. It took a couple of decades for his real-life persona to kill my crush. I still think he is a brilliant actor, but as a person - no way and I wouldn’t touch him with a ten-foot pole.
Regular Contributor

So agree with being able to separate the art from the artist! One of my favorite movies ever is Witness with Harrison Ford.

Esteemed Contributor

I really gave up on Hollywood and never go to a movie.  I'm sick of their political views & inserting themselves in politics.  But it's not too much of a loss for me as horror films are my favorite genre & big names or overly political persons are rarely in them.  

Honored Contributor

Didn't know all the Harrison Ford stuff. I really love the Indiana Jones movies. Anyway, I don't think I hate anyone in Hollywood. They do make a lot of money but at least they work and some contribute a lot to charities. I don't go to the movies. Can't remember the last time I went. As for their political views, glad we live in a country where everyone is allowed one. I never watch any award shows.