Honored Contributor

Re: Actor John Heard passed away

[ Edited ]

First move I ever saw him in was in 1977 called First Love with Susan Dey and William Katt, I loved it. He played the boyfriend to Beverly D'Angelo.

Respected Contributor

Really liked him. One of my favorite movies is Deceived where he played Goldie Hawn's husband. RIP Mr. Heard.

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Esteemed Contributor

I had no idea that he was in his 70s.  Looked younger.

Honored Contributor

@Starpolisher wrote:

Really liked him. One of my favorite movies is Deceived where he played Goldie Hawn's husband. RIP Mr. Heard.

Excellent film!  I first saw it at the movie theaters when it came out, and watch it every time I catch it on TV.   Although the first time was the best, since there were so many surprises.  It's really good!

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoyed him in the Home Alone movies as Kevin's dad.

May he rest in peace.

Valued Contributor

I always thought he was handsome! Several mentions have been made of Deceived and Home Alone; both great roles (even if he was a creep in one). The last time I saw him was in one of the Sharknado movies, playing a local barfly. 

Honored Contributor

@sallybusky wrote:

I always thought he was handsome! Several mentions have been made of Deceived and Home Alone; both great roles (even if he was a creep in one). The last time I saw him was in one of the Sharknado movies, playing a local barfly. 

@sallybusky  And he made such a good creep too, because he was a really good actor.   

Respected Contributor

John Heard was good in everything he did.  I especially remember he played the villain in a movie call Deceived in 1991costarring Goldie Hawn in a dramatic role.  They were both excellent.  I still watch that movie when it comes on TV.  Excellent mystery story!

Esteemed Contributor

What a shame, poor man.  He was 72.  

Honored Contributor