Esteemed Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

Another good series with just 4 episodes is Bloodland.  We've just started Blood.  Both series are set in Ireland.

--------

Loved Blood and Bloodland. Some more suggestions-   The Cry, My Life Is Murder, May Day, Lock Ness, Vera, Taken Down, The Secret, Love Lies and Records, Delicious....and many more.   

I rarely watch regular American TV channels.  These British, Irish, Australian and foreign shows are just better entertainment - good stories and great acting.

Respected Contributor

@corita
We finished the first season of Blood and look forward to the second.

Many of the series you've listed were already on my watch list. For the next month, it will be all Acorn!

Esteemed Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

@corita
We finished the first season of Blood and look forward to the second.
")Many of the series you've listed were already on my watch list. For the next month, it will be all Acorn!

-------------

Check out these too..Alibi, Line of Duty, Above Suspicion, 19/2, Newton's Law, The Secret, The Silence, Harry, Jack Irish.  

Many foreign language series -  Swedish, French, Welsh, Norwegian and Italian.  I do speak several languages, so I enjoy watching shows where dialogue is not English!!   

I find that these foreign shows have really good story lines, though the episodes can be quite violent...

definitely not for children's eyes and ears

Honored Contributor

Enjoyed Keeping faith.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

The first 2 episodes of season 3 of Keeping Faith are now up. We watched the first this morning. (We always watch an episode of something with our morning coffee)

We are also watching George Gently and like it a lot.

I am so enjoying Acorn. I have quite a list of what's next to watch.🤔😊

Respected Contributor

We just finished the final episode of George Gently.  I loved him.

Esteemed Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

--------------

I watched all the seasons - big binge!!  I enjoyed the shows so much!  Loved his character; he played the role perfectly!! All those distinctive - but funny - quirks!! 

Also saw his show called Manhunt on Acorn. I read it was based on a true story.

Respected Contributor

@corita wrote:

@lulu1 wrote:

--------------

I watched all the seasons - big binge!!  I enjoyed the shows so much!  Loved his character; he played the role perfectly!! All those distinctive - but funny - quirks!! 

@corita 

I adored Martin Shaw.  I laughed when I saw this picture

and now this

We did watch Manhunt.  We are now watching London Kills.  Tomorrow there is a new episode of Keeping Faith.

Esteemed Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

@corita wrote:

@lulu1 wrote:

--------------

@corita 

I adored Martin Shaw.  I laughed when I saw this picture

and now this

We did watch Manhunt.  We are now watching London Kills.  Tomorrow there is a new episode of Keeping Faith.

---------------

Wow - would have never guessed they were the same man.  Both very distinctive looking though.

I watched all of London Kills...good!!  And watched Keeping Faith's new season episodes.  Am not sure I like this new 'mother'.  Haven't figured out her story yet.  

Respected Contributor

@corita 

We just finished London Kills.  Tonight we will watch the new episode of Keeping Faith.

For me to like a series, there must be at least one character I really like and care about.  There wasn't anyone I felt that way about in London Kills.