Respected Contributor
We watched The Secret. What I didn't see realize was for some reason the episodes were out of order. The last came up first so it in didn't make much sense. Once I realized this, I made sure of the order. The order on Acorn was 4, 1, 3, 2. At any rate, what a strange series.

This post is from my phone, which does strange things to my posts.
Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

@lulu1 wrote:

Another good series with just 4 episodes is Bloodland.  We've just started Blood.  Both series are set in Ireland.

--------

Loved Blood and Bloodland. Some more suggestions-   The Cry, My Life Is Murder, May Day, Lock Ness, Vera, Taken Down, The Secret, Love Lies and Records, Delicious....and many more.   

I rarely watch regular American TV channels.  These British, Irish, Australian and foreign shows are just better entertainment - good stories and great acting.

One of our local PBS stations is devoted to UK programming and for many years it was a wonderful addition. The last couple of years it's been less so and this past year the programming has been woeful. They tend rarely to get many fresh, new offerings or newer series of excellent shows, but to rely on rotating older series, which quite honestly becomes tedious. I'd even be somewhat happy to see them offering a bit more variety among the older series they rotate in, but they seem stuck on the same few. Most recently, they also seem to be going in another direction with too many shows involving subtitles, so I'm not watching as much. That said, Vera is a wonderful show. While I preferred the earlier seasons to the more recent ones, it's quality television. I also very much enjoyed the first season and a half of Delicious. After that, the changes in cast and in direction more or less tanked that one for me.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:
We watched The Secret. What I didn't see realize was for some reason the episodes were out of order. The last came up first so it in didn't make much sense. Once I realized this, I made sure of the order. The order on Acorn was 4, 1, 3, 2. At any rate, what a strange series.

------  

I thought the episodes sequence was weird.  But then realized that the last three shows were like "flashbacking" to what lead up to the first episode  shown.  Was confusing!!

Respected Contributor

@corita 

I thought it was supposed to be a flashback too.  When I corrected the order, the trial is supposed to be the last episode.

Honored Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

Is this the one based on the Colin Howell incident?  I haven't seen this, but I read (this was based on a true incident) that the victim's family criticized  the show for expoiting a tragedy.

Respected Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@lulu1 wrote:

Is this the one based on the Colin Howell incident?  I haven't seen this, but I read (this was based on a true incident) that the victim's family criticized  the show for expoiting a tragedy.

Yes it is.

Respected Contributor

We've been watching Line of Duty all week.  We just started season 5.  I understand season 6 is now being shown in the UK. (there is just 1 episode left) I do love how they bring characters and cases from previous seasons into the present case.

Once again you see "old" friends/actors from other series.

Respected Contributor

We are now watching and thoroughly enjoying an Australian show, The Heart Doctor. It is billed as a dramedy.  The characters are charming and the scenery is lovely.  After watching so many crime/police series, this one is a nice respite.

Respected Contributor

The final episode of Keeping Faith launched yesterday.  They do tie up many loose ends.

Presently we are finishing season 4 of A Place to Call Home. (we like it a lot)

Esteemed Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

The final episode of Keeping Faith launched yesterday.  They do tie up many loose ends.

Presently we are finishing season 4 of A Place to Call Home. (we like it a lot)

--------------

I think I have watched almost every show/series on Acorn, not so much of the comedies or documentaries  though.  Been watching over a year.  Some shows I loved and some I didn't get thru the first episode. Rarely watch the regular, typical TV channels.

Keeping Faith was one of my favorites. I wanted it to go for another season...though all the stories had concluded!!