Respected Contributor

Thinking of subscribing to Acorn TV.  Have Netflix but hardly watch so I am cancelling...

Any opinions about Acorn?  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

More cultural viewings. Lot of English movies, etc. Wish I could afford their DVD's.  If your not into 'high brow' movies and such you may not like it.

I would love it ! Research it.

170113_040106_40017820.gif

Honored Contributor

they used to have a free week or month

Super Contributor

I love Acorn TV. Yes they have dramas and mysteiries but they also have comedies and documentaries. Most of their stuff is NOT "high brow". Some of the dramas are dark but there are a lot of soap like ones too. Plus there are programs are dramedys too. Just a wide variety of shows,

Respected Contributor

I happen to love the British mystery shows as well as their series so I have enjoyed Acorn TV.

Honored Contributor

I do like Acorn ,but, everything they show on it, certainly isn't PBS quality. They have some clunkers, I couldn't be bothered with

Overall, I think its pretty good

Honored Contributor

@mistyada wrote:

I love Acorn TV. Yes they have dramas and mysteiries but they also have comedies and documentaries. Most of their stuff is NOT "high brow". Some of the dramas are dark but there are a lot of soap like ones too. Plus there are programs are dramedys too. Just a wide variety of shows,

When I say "high brow" I mean not trashy material like we're all used to seeing. Naked people, druggies, killings, women getting beat up by thugs, etc.

More sedate upscale cultural viewing.

Trusted Contributor

You can just browse acorn.tv and see what they have before you subscribe. Personally, I like it and have subscribed for three years.