Respected Contributor

I just learned that I can subscribe for seven days at a time through my library.  I’m wondering if anybody has particular recommendations as I’m seeing a few shows I’ve never heard of. I watched Finding Joy 🙂. 

Trusted Contributor

@tucsongal   Murdock Mysteries...is good so is Doc Martin the series....looks like there is 9 seasons for that.  Murdock has 13 seasons I believe.  We just signed up for a free month from Amazon Prime.   DW

Respected Contributor

@tucsongal  I love Acorn t.v. That and Britbox is mai lunch what I now watch.

Acorn recommendations. -   just finished Gold Diggers series also recommend Deadwater Fell, Ladies of Letters, Blood, Hidden and I binge watched Trial & Retribution. not sure what your tastes are but lots if good stuff on there.  Enjoy.

Respected Contributor

@dulwich @dancingwoman thanks for the suggestions. I do like Doc Martin and I’ve seen part of Ladies of Letters. I’ll check out the others. I like most things British. I’m currently working my way through Silent Witness on Netflix.

Honored Contributor

Finished Season 13 of Murdoch on Acorn. Also enjoy starting from the first season on the Midsomer Murders. When they started changing who the lead and second lead were, I lost interest. I had invested quite a lot of hours with the original two leads on Midsomer.

Lots of great British series. Someone once said on these forums that nobody does murder shows like the British, and I have to agree!

Acorn is a great addition to my lineup of show to watch.

Frequent Contributor

I really loved "Detectorists" and it was my favorite comedy on Acorn when I subscribed last summer.  I'm sure it's not for everyone.  Only those of us who are quirky at heart.  I do have a complaint though -- the series was far too short.Smiley Sad

Happy viewings!

Respected Contributor

Thanks everyone, I need to start yet another watchlist LOL.

Trusted Contributor

@Moon Child wrote:

I really loved "Detectorists" and it was my favorite comedy on Acorn when I subscribed last summer.  I'm sure it's not for everyone.  Only those of us who are quirky at heart.  I do have a complaint though -- the series was far too short.Smiley Sad

Happy viewings!

@Moon Child   We loved DETECTORISTS too....DW

Honored Contributor
@World Traveler. We can thank Agatha Christie ❤ for the Brits do murders mysteries best!