Honored Contributor

On TCM at 5:45 pm today. Great film Wilford Brimley is fab. 

Respected Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

I have great respect for Sally Field. I remember she grew up in an abusive household. I recall reading about it in the 1980s.  Why she ever married the creepy Burt Reynolds is beyond me !  I never endorsed that marriage. Burt Reynolds was always a lothorio in Hollywood. I was not surpirsed at all the marriage ended in Divorce.  

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

I have great respect for Sally Field. I remember she grew up in an abusive household. I recall reading about it in the 1980s.  Why she ever married the creepy Burt Reynolds is beyond me !  I never endorsed that marriage. Burt Reynolds was always a lothorio in Hollywood. I was not surpirsed at all the marriage ended in Divorce.  

they were never married.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

@Reever  Sally Fields was never married to Burt Reynolds.

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

@Reever  Sally Fields was never married to Burt Reynolds.

Regardless, Burt Reynolds was a creep !   Couldnt stand him, Very arroganr man.

Honored Contributor

Haven't we kinda gone OT?

Honored Contributor

Absence of Malice is a great court film, like the Verdict with Paul Newman.  I too recommend it, it keeps you focused.

Respected Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

Absence of Malice is a great court film, like the Verdict with Paul Newman.  I too recommend it, it keeps you focused.

I hate to say it but after his death I read that Paul Newman was a raging alcoholic.  His organic line of products in Supermarkets apparently was not the way he lived his life. I read he drank excessively.  Such a shame because I liked Paul Newman.

Honored Contributor

"Absence of Malice" is one of my all-time favorite films. It's every bit as topical today as it was when it was made. Maybe even more so. It's a really good movie. It would make my all-time top ten list.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@spiderw wrote:

I hate to say it but after his death I read that Paul Newman was a raging alcoholic.  His organic line of products in Supermarkets apparently was not the way he lived his life. I read he drank excessively.  Such a shame because I liked Paul Newman.

Good Grief!

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky