Respected Contributor

Re: Aaron Rodgers On Jeopardy!

I'm liking him more and more.  I like his quick responses after the contestant gets the question right.  I also like his mini interviews w/the contestants.  So far he gets my vote for best host.  I'm actually really looking forward to the show every evening to see him.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

I guess we're in the minority (judging from most of the previous comments) but DH and I watched tonight and agreed that he's just too monotone and low-key for us.

We'll see how he does next week but, if nothing changes, we're hoping he's not chosen as the permanent host.

We both said he seems like a really nice guy; just not the right fit for "Jeopardy".

Esteemed Contributor

If Aaron gets another 2 weeks, it wouldn't be an extension of the current 2 weeks...he would be brought back later. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

I'm liking him more and more.  I like his quick responses after the contestant gets the question right.  I also like his mini interviews w/the contestants.  So far he gets my vote for best host.  I'm actually really looking forward to the show every evening to see him.

I agree and I also like how nice he is to the contestants.  He seems sincere and I loved the time when a contestant didn't know the answer/ question and he chuckled and said " I didn't know that either"..  

I sometimes got annoyed with Alex Trebek and the way he'd  be condescending to the the contestants.  Correct their French and even English pronunciation and take a tone with them.  Also, I've noticed way fewer categories and questions that include French words.  I suspected that he had the category writers include more French words.  I felt like Trebek loved showing off his perfect French accent.  I think he had a bit of an ego and superiority complex with the contestants.  Show off guy.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Bridgegal   I totally agree with you!  I quit watching jeopardy many years ago because I could not take Alex's condescending attitude with the contestants.  (Not speaking bad about Alex, it was just his way).  I always thought he should be a contestant on the show and see how many answers he got right.  I just restarted watching it when Ken Jennings guest hosted. We only planned on watching the one episode but have continued to watch and enjoy it.

Honored Contributor

He wins in the best dressed category in my opinion. I think he is really enjoying this gig and I wouldn't mind him getting the job fulltime. 

Honored Contributor

We both think AR is great. I think he would make a great host. He is a little like Alex.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry, imo he's just okay. His voice is so monotone and towards the end of the show he really slows down. Hope he isn't the one to replace AT - although he does make it quite obvious he would like the job.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

JMO

Anyone who watches Jeopardy knows they are having guest hosts for the unforeseen future.  If I'm going to watch and I'm not familiar with the guest host, I'd GOOGLE the host.Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

I'm ready for this week to be over. I thought, hoped, I'd like him more than I do. There's just no spark.