Esteemed Contributor

Re: Aaron Rodgers On Jeopardy!

Y'all say he will loosen up over time, but do you realize all 10 of his episodes were filmed over just 2 days?  

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

LOL good point.  It might not take him long though.

Respected Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

I thought he did fine.  A bit stilted but I'm sure he'll loosen up as the show goes on.

I think he's gorgeous!  Not to mention a great football player.

What was with that smart-aleck contestant in final jeopardy?  Was that really necessary?  Surprised they didn't edit it out but I guess how could they?   Aaron sure handled it well though.

The hosts have a live view of the Final Jeopardy questions as they are written, so he knew what to expect. The morning news shows ran the clip, which gave him more exposure. He has already said that he would like to be the Jeopardy permanent host.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

• 1st show was OK ~ may become more comfortable throughout the week.
  • Lacked charisma in my opinion ~ may improve with time.
  • I like the idea of someone hosting that not all are familiar with so there are no preconceived opinions.
  • That being said, these guest hosts are known in some realm can be fine for the interim, but let's give some total unknowns a chance : )
  • Looks do not equate with being a successful host.
Honored Contributor

I didn't see him. However, I've had a crush on him for ages!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Didn't know who he was before Jeopardy, so there was no prejudgement on my part. Personally, I wasn't impressed. Seems like a nice guy, but did not think he did that well. In fact, I turned it off after 15 minutes.

Esteemed Contributor

I thought Rodgers did a good job. He seemed relaxed and had a sense of humor. I haven't heard about him wanting to be permanent host. That probably would depend on how his football career goes. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

I thought Rodgers did a good job. He seemed relaxed and had a sense of humor. I haven't heard about him wanting to be permanent host. That probably would depend on how his football career goes. 

He said that he would be able to do both.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FranandZoe wrote:

I thought he did fine.  A bit stilted but I'm sure he'll loosen up as the show goes on.

What was with that smart-aleck contestant in final jeopardy?  Was that really necessary?  Surprised they didn't edit it out but I guess how could they?   Aaron sure handled it well though.

@FranandZoe - Because of the cable outage we had, we only saw the final question and wondered about that reply, not being familiar with Aaron Rodgers.

I just googled it and can't believe someone would be so rude to write something like that.  Talk about rubbing salt into the wound.  Just as well that contestant is gone.  No class at all.

Respected Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@FranandZoe wrote:

@FranandZoe - Because of the cable outage we had, we only saw the final question and wondered about that reply, not being familiar with Aaron Rodgers.

I just googled it and can't believe someone would be so rude to write something like that.  Talk about rubbing salt into the wound.  Just as well that contestant is gone.  No class at all.

I couldn't agree more!  Very rude of him.  Just made himself look bad.  Glad he's gone.