Honored Contributor

AWFUL CASE ON JUDGE JUDY TODAY

No spoilers here, I don't think. The two girls who were defendants were so obviously almost evil and such liars, and what they did to the plaintiff, was so bad I actually had a stomach ache at the end. Their mother was useless. Her older daughter is 23 and I"m sorry but perhaps if the mom didn't need an interpreter and was more conversant in English, maybe she would have known more what her girls were doing with their lives.

Before the flames start, my DIL's folks are from Mexico, had 7 kids, and the parents are very well spoken in English.

I couldn't believe how those awful girls both called their mother a liar. Obviously according to the mom the only discipline they've ever gotten was "I talked to them." That 23 year old IMO is truly evil. I hope the plaintiff's family does as they said and will press assault charges on both. Both D's belong in jail. I'm sorry this is long but I was so disgusted.

No court show has ever gotten such a reaction from me.

Honored Contributor

Re: AWFUL CASE ON JUDGE JUDY TODAY

[ Edited ]

It went on too long and I got tired of all of the translating so I changed the channel.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

As I have mentioned in posts I worked with troubled youngsters and their families at an urban school system for 41 years.  Part of my job was taking neglectful parents to court when their children didn't attend school.  I learned many many times over, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree and once I met the parent I knew why the youngster was dysfunctional and had deep issues.  Of course there were exceptions but few.

I should have kept a journal of my cases but I remember enough to not watch any court shows!  It is frustrating to see youngsters being so disrespectful  and nasty and I witnessed it many times with parents and youngsters.

Honored Contributor

@spiderw Thank you so much for your input. What made me so sick was how obviously evil these 15 and 23 year olds were. Their "mother" was useless.

Honored Contributor

People really do get into their TV shows. 

Esteemed Contributor

So.....what was the evil thing they are alledged to have done.  What was the complaint?  How did Judge Judy rule? @Love my grandkids 

Trusted Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

No spoilers here, I don't think. The two girls who were defendants were so obviously almost evil and such liars, and what they did to the plaintiff, was so bad I actually had a stomach ache at the end. Their mother was useless. Her older daughter is 23 and I"m sorry but perhaps if the mom didn't need an interpreter and was more conversant in English, maybe she would have known more what her girls were doing with their lives.

Before the flames start, my DIL's folks are from Mexico, had 7 kids, and the parents are very well spoken in English.

I couldn't believe how those awful girls both called their mother a liar. Obviously according to the mom the only discipline they've ever gotten was "I talked to them." That 23 year old IMO is truly evil. I hope the plaintiff's family does as they said and will press assault charges on both. Both D's belong in jail. I'm sorry this is long but I was so disgusted.

No court show has ever gotten such a reaction from me.

and even after the judge ruled the younger one was smiling ,they will wind up in jail,the older one has children, the pattern will go on,yes it was a chilling show .today.

Honored Contributor

OP got a stomachache watching Judge Judy? Really? I thought this particular show was fascinating. But I certainly wouldn't get sick over watching it. 

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkidsFirstly, there's enough in life to worry about without "borrowing the trouble" of others.  Secondly. you can feel sad for this families apparent situation BUT remember too that in order for you to have viewed them THE SHOW PAID for the plaintiff And any Needed Witnessess. ( them and their family and friends) to travel to LA.  AND the SHOW Pays the amount awarded directly to them.  And they get paid to be there so you can watch the goings on that made you ill.  At the least the family got a trip out of this while you got all stressed out.  Look at it this way, do you think those girls would give a flying fig How they made YOU feel?  Please don't let 'em affect you like that.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@spiderw wrote:

As I have mentioned in posts I worked with troubled youngsters and their families at an urban school system for 41 years.  Part of my job was taking neglectful parents to court when their children didn't attend school.  I learned many many times over, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree and once I met the parent I knew why the youngster was dysfunctional and had deep issues.  Of course there were exceptions but few.

I should have kept a journal of my cases but I remember enough to not watch any court shows!  It is frustrating to see youngsters being so disrespectful  and nasty and I witnessed it many times with parents and youngsters.

I worked in Student Services as a temp office worker for about 6 months back in 2002 and 17 years later I still vividly remember some of the truly horrifying cases.  The HS I did this work was in the worst part of town, poverty and the cases often reflected that.  First paragraph was Background - and more times than not they'd begin mother was addicted to drugs and rarely around and the bio father was nowhere to be found or in jail.  

I loved when Judy kept yelling "I don't believe a word you are saying" to the 23 y/o.   The girl seemed to accept that until the end and she finally said - "I don't understand why you don't believe me".  She kept trying to say what happened even after admitting she had never been there.