Honored Contributor

Re: AVA GARDNER THURSDAY TCM

I started to watch The Killlers last night, but couid not get into it. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Would have liked to have seen "Night of the Iguana",  "On the Beach",  or the sudser I love that she made with Stanwyck, James Mason and Van Heflin--  "East Side, West Side". 

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell, as a fellow movie buff I appaud your posts -- so informative, literate, enthusiastic.  Bravo.

I enjoyed BHOWANI JUNCTION more than I should have -- (and who would ever guess that George Cukor was the director??) Ava's hair was absolutely gorgeous -- quite contemporary.  Bill Travers as an Anglo-Indian, however, was not the best choice....

I was so hoping they would run ONE TOUCH OF VENUS -- a little seen delightful fantasy with Ava as the goddess of love and Robert Walker as a little schnook who works at Savory's Department Store and unveils her statue.  Adding to the charming mix is Eve Arden, Tom Conway and Olga San Juan.    

Honored Contributor

I watched the docu.  Very informative & interesting.  I wish it was explained "how" she got rid of her deep southern drawl.  Must have taken years of practice as there was no mention of speech classes.  I never detected her southern accent in any of her movies.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Always found her to be a most lovely and classy gal.  Her voice was lovely as well.  Today, females don't work on their voices so they sound pleasant. 

Didn't watch her movies Thursday.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust