Honored Contributor

AUDREY HEPBURN FESTIVAL FRIDAY TCM

Please see TCM schedule link below:

http://www.tcm.com/schedule/

Most of these have been loved and discussed on the forum previously.  A fun "triple feature" to watch or DVR might be the stylish line-up starting at 2:00 p.m. Eastern--

"Charade",  "Two for the Road",  and  "Wait Until Dark".

Never get tired of luminous Audrey, and the top-notch films she appeared in!

Trusted Contributor

Re: AUDREY HEPBURN FESTIVAL FRIDAY TCM

You’re so right. Love In The Afternoon is on now. Never get tired of watching her. Charade is doubly special because of the addition of Cary Grant

Honored Contributor

@Oznell Audrey is indeed luminess and effervescent

@Sadiesadie - just went to the channel and DVR Green Mansions and The Nun's Story. I don't beleive I have ever seen them. Darn - I missed Love in the Afternoon - also never seen that

Honored Contributor

I do remember watching Wait Until Dark many years ago  and gave me nightmares. Now that I’m older, it’s daytime, and have DH at my side, we plan to watch it. lol Audrey is a lovely lady and I really appreciate her sense of style.

Respected Contributor

A real class act, professionally and personally. She made some fine movies.

Honored Contributor

It's almost time for Two for the Road.   It starts here (Pacific) at 1:00 so 4 for you Easterners.

Until then Ina Garten is keeping me company.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I'd like to catch more than a bit this time of "Two for the Road".  I always only see snippets of it.

But then, you can watch it rather disjointedly, because it skips around chronologically in the couples' marriage.  They're always on road trips, it seems. There's gorgeous South of France scenery, fabulous cars, cute Albert Finney, and ultra chic Audrey in her outfits and jet set sun glasses....

Respected Contributor

she is my idea of a movie star.  she could actually act - dressed elegantly - was a great representative for UNICEF.  she had little luck with love and having babies sadly.  then the cancer.........a lovely lady whom we lost much too early but what an imprint she left on her profession.  love her!

Respected Contributor

Watched Charade while I ironed. Enjoyed it. Said he had reservations about doing the movie because of the age difference. He was just fine. 

Oznell watched Robert Osborne last night. When asked who was the best male actor his answer was William Holden. He is mine. I know not everybody’s. I was a little surprised. 

Honored Contributor

That is SO interesting, @Catiele--  I did not know that Robert Osborne thought that!  I'm so glad also that Holden is getting his due.  He's very near the top for me too, and more so as time goes on.