Honored Contributor

Re: ATTN: Judaline (not DAYS related)

@LoriLori  I tried to heart my own post but it told me in no uncertain terms, YOU CAN'T HEART YOUR OWN POST. AND DON'T EVER TRY THIS AGAIN!!!!! Just kidding with that last part. Anyway, not allowed. Besides, I wouldn't want to heart my own posts-they sound so dumb, hahaha

Honored Contributor

@Judaline, it was a post about a teevee show and a llittle long (ahem) like some of mine can be, and I was like I totally agree with this person.  WELL DUH!

I just popped over to the beauty board and opened my big mouth there too LOL. 

Trusted Contributor

@LoriLori   Yes Lori, we sure had good times back then.   I remember having all these emoticons and you loved everyone I sent.   And then I stopped because someone made a comment and you told me who cares what they think!!!  LOL   Then I started up again!!!

You always enjoyed the little cat fights Jud, OT, and myself had.   You were a good friend back then and you still are.   I think I may want to continue to talking with you and twin and everyone again.

I remember when Mama shaved her head and she showed us a pic.  I thought, OMG   what a head of hair she has.   I was so jealous because her hair was so freaking thick!!!   Lucky Mama!!!   I sure miss those DAYS!!!!! 

Honored Contributor

@snowball, @MamaWick,

Me too, I remember and will always remember when Mama shaved her head.  So brave!  and with Papa standing there being all husbandy and supportive!

You guys fights were hilarious.  And all your snarky comments about Galen and Rafe.  And fights over Stefano.  I miss those days.

Did you see I'm not watching DAYS anymore?  I couldn't take it.  I'll come back when it gets closer to the new writer's stuff.  Half the characters will be gone then anyway.

Honored Contributor

BTW @snowball, would love to see more great emojis.  Bring em on!

Honored Contributor

Okay, this is going to sound nuts but I posted a question about Beekman and goats milk on Beauty and got answers but I have a followup and I don't know those people so I'll ask you guys and hope you know:

Cows can give milk all the time, right?  Milk cows is a thing?

Someone posted about goats being pregnant and nursing -- and I'm too embarrassed over there to say what?  Does anyone know:  Cows can give milk all the time but goats have to be pregnant?

(That would limit the goat supply even further so how are those Beekman Men, they're a little too old to be called boys, obtaining tons and tons of goats milk?)

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LoriLori   HAHAHAHAHA    I'll have to look that one up!!!!!

Oh, and I am still watching but I FF the scenes with Hope, Nicole, and Steve and more.   I am so glad Nicole is leaving because her crying and acting just makes me sick.  And that hair!!!!   Take those extensions out!   I started not liking her when she cried and cried over Daniel.   Her acting made me want to throw up. 

Honored Contributor

@snowball, thanks!  I will be so grateful!  have no idea how to even find the information yet I can find the most useless unimportant stuff LOL! 

Trusted Contributor

@LoriLori   This is what I found.

Female goats produce milk after the kids are born, and for up to two years thereafter, depending on breed, lineage, and how they are managed. After they dry up, they can then be bred again, and will produce milk again after their next kidding.

The average domesticated dairy cow produces far more milk than would be required to feed their calf. All cows, wild and domesticated, will only lactate in the period between their calf's birth and weaning. Milk is calf-food, and when there's no calf, there's no evolutionary advantage in producing milk.

On dairy farms, cows are milked twice daily, from spring (when they give birth) until late autumn. This mechanical milking 'fools' the cow into continuing to lactate. When a cow has stopped lactating, they will only start again after giving birth. This means that you can't just start milking a cow and expect to get milk.

Honored Contributor

@snowball, HUGE HUGS!  Thank you!  There's the birds and the bees and I have no trouble with that one but thank you for explaining to me the more complicated goats and cows!!!!!

Hope those Beekman Men aren't getting their goats pregs just so they can put out more soap and whatever!  What do I know.  Maybe goats and cows enjoy being pregnant.

THANKS!!!!!