Honored Contributor

Re: ATTN: Judaline (not DAYS related)

@LoriLori  youtube has the whole soundtrack from Saturday Night Fever-plays them one after another. I bookmarked it and sometimes play it while I peruse the boards.

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline - I didn't see your question about the blonde till just now.  Don't know who it was.  Barry didn't look that good and personally thought he could have ddressed better.

@LoriLori - I went to a club across the street from 2001, but never went in there.  I did know the guy who owned it.  I saw them filming Saturday Night Fever one night in Bay Ridge, but didn't see John T.  I also know the girl whose house they used to film where John T's character lived.   It was a fun time back then - I spent every Friday and Saturday night in discos in Brooklyn, Queens and L.I.   To be young again!

Honored Contributor

You Mad Men watchers-ex watchers I guess. I just saw a commercial for Kia and the most beautiful girl walks to her car and is followed by admiring glances from men. I am not certain, but when she gets in her car and smiles, I think it was Christina Hendriks. She sure had the figure as I remember! If you've seen it, is it she?

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline - yes - it is Christina Hendricks in that commercial.

I miss Mad Men.

Honored Contributor

lori and anyone interested-I just read that Broadchurch is filming its final series this summer. faint.gifI want it to just keep going, and going and going, darn!

Honored Contributor

@Judaline,  season three, and it's all done and aired in Great Britain to great reviews.  Unanimous that it was far better than season two.  There isn't going to be a season four because the showrunner, Chris Chibnall, is taking over Doctor Who which is a huge undertaking.  I think his work on season one of Broadchurch was part of BBC's decision to hand him the show.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline, just want to be sure you see this. 

BTW did I ever tell you that David Tennant, before he starred in Broadchurch, played Doctor Who?  He was fantastic, there have been thirteen actors who played the part and Tennant is by a mile people's favorite. 

Except for Doctor Who I never watch sci fi (I've only seen one Star Wars movie) but Doctor Who is much more than sci fi, it's dramatic and sad and funny and silly and I love it.

Honored Contributor

Yep, saw it lori. No, I've never watched Dr. Who because it was sci-fi. I never gave it a chance. I don't know that I'd like him in another role, isn't that crazy? I just wanted Broadchurch to keep on going. Something I could count on one day a week. I did see him in a Masterpiece Theater presentation. Veddy British. I think it had to do with a trial but memory dims.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

lori, and anyone who likes Broadchurch, did you see that it starts June 28th on BBC? Yes,yes and yes!

cowboysam, I heard Sam Elliott as an announcer on a different ad, but can't remember which one!!! (or did you already tell me that?)

Honored Contributor

YANKEE DOODLE 8