Respected Contributor

Re: ANYONE WATCHING THE NEW SHOW WELCOME TO PLATTSVILLE ON TLC?

@colliemom4 wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

I saw a preview where one of the daughters stated she wanted to go to college, and the mother said "Why do you need college?", and I though to myself "another nutcase TLC family."

When was it on ? I missed it.  What do they do for a living  ? It looks like they have a lot of kids.

@sunshine 919  The dad is a transportation planner or something of that nature. I honestly have no idea what that entails. I assume the mom is a stay at home mom. If she does otherwise it hasn't been revealed. I believe they have around 9 kids. Several are married. They live on a 400 acre farm in south Georgia. The mom wanted to give their children a better life because she was an only child of an alcoholic mother. I can't say I care for this mother. The dad seems kinder. There have given you way too much info LOL.

She sells Young Living Oils.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

I saw a preview where one of the daughters stated she wanted to go to college, and the mother said "Why do you need college?", and I though to myself "another nutcase TLC family."

When was it on ? I missed it.  What do they do for a living  ? It looks like they have a lot of kids.

@sunshine 919  The dad is a transportation planner or something of that nature. I honestly have no idea what that entails. I assume the mom is a stay at home mom. If she does otherwise it hasn't been revealed. I believe they have around 9 kids. Several are married. They live on a 400 acre farm in south Georgia. The mom wanted to give their children a better life because she was an only child of an alcoholic mother. I can't say I care for this mother. The dad seems kinder. There have given you way too much info LOL.

Thank you so much.  you should be a reporterSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

Thank you so much.  you should be a reporterSmiley Happy

@sunshine 919  Cat LOL

Watch it and post back.

Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

This. The children of these families are being exploited and it sickens me. And I'm tired of the glorification of these fundamentalist Quiverfull-type families. A deeper look often turns up abuse, even in cases of families from TLC shows, like the Duggers and the Jeubs, who appeared in on "Kids By the Dozen." 

@Alison Wonderland  Very true. The interesting thing about this show is that one of their kids gets married and his wife turns him onto drinking lol. I feel sorry for these kids. Such brainwashing.

Honored Contributor

I tried watching it, but could not get past the eldest son that was married and his goofy laughing!  She was a very pretty girl and had good sense (so to speak) and I could not understand how she got together with him!  He was clueless about everything!  I turned it off!

Honored Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

I tried watching it, but could not get past the eldest son that was married and his goofy laughing!  She was a very pretty girl and had good sense (so to speak) and I could not understand how she got together with him!  He was clueless about everything!  I turned it off!

@Hooty  I don't blame you for turning it off! If the way he acted wasn't the goofiest thing. His entire lack of knowledge is annoying. I don't know what his wife saw in him because she seems so normal. They don't seem compatible. On the preview for next week's show the entire family, including the son shown and his wife, are in a restaurant and he's drinking a beer as they just stare at him lol. Where do they find these people?

Respected Contributor

Re: ANYONE WATCHING THE NEW SHOW WELCOME TO PLATHSVILLE ON TLC?

I realized I had the wrong name so changed my original post.  It's Plathville not Plattsville.  LOL.

I saw the first episode and will not be watching the rest of the series.  It's so silly. The kids are beautiful though.  I feel that Kim (the mother) is just too overpowering but the dad (Barry) is more lenient because he knew of a different lifestyle and it seems that the kids go to the dad because he's more lenient.

Not sure who mentioned that more than one child was married.  Only Ethan is married and to Olivia.  I love that she's showing him the "real life."  I know that in a future episode his mom is not happy about that.