Respected Contributor

ANYONE WATCHING THE NEW CARD SHARKS/PRESS YOUR LUCK ON ABC?

I love the old shows on BUZZR that I have to get used to the new versions.  PYL is good and at a good pace but I'm finding that CS is slow and it has too many cards and I find the "bonus" round or whatever they call it too cumbersome with those "heavy" chips.  Maybe if they cut down the cards during the regular game it might be better but I'll keep watching it.  I like Joel McHale as the host of CS but Elizabeth Banks on PYL is too "yelly" for me -- meaning she gets so excited she mostly yells.  LOL

Tried to watch the new MG w/Alec Baldwin last year but gave up on it.  Don't know a lot of the celebs so not watching it again this year.

Looking forward to the other new shows on ABC coming in 2 weeks.  Holey Moley which is mini golf I think and Family Food Fight which might be interesting.  I'll give them a try and see if I want to continue watching them.

Respected Contributor

Re: ANYONE WATCHING THE NEW CARD SHARKS/PRESS YOUR LUCK ON ABC?

[ Edited ]

@SWEET  I love the Press Your Luck but Elizabeth Banks needs to talk normal and stop yelling. I will watch it for a week to see if she calms down as she is irritating. My son said her voice is too low so she yells.

I taped Card Sharks but if it is real slow I will watch a few shows and then just stop taping them. 

I do love the old shows. 

I am looking forward to the new show Bring the Funny with comedians that Jeff Foxworthy will be one of the panel members. It starts in July 9th on NBC.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Definitely like the old 30 minute shows better.  These are too frenzied. Watched about half of each show. Don't think I'll continue. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MKR14 wrote:

@SWEET  I love the Press Your Luck but Elizabeth Banks needs to talk normal and stop yelling. I will watch it for a week to see if she calms down as she is irritating. My son said her voice is too low so she yells.

I taped Card Sharks but if it is real slow I will watch a few shows and then just stop taping them. 

I do love the old shows. 

I am looking forward to the new show Bring the Funny with comedians that Jeff Foxworthy will be one of the panel members. I think it starts in July.

@MKR14 @VirgoGirltotally agree w/both of you!  The only reason I would stop watching (I DVR'ed the whole series), is because of Elizabeth Banks.  If she doesn't calm down, I'm done. 

Haven't seen the commercial for Bring The Funny probably because I don't watch ABC that often and FF through all the commercials!

Honored Contributor

This was my favorite game show back in the day.  I’ll probably catch it every now and then but it’s nice to see it back. 

Respected Contributor

Watched both "Press Your Luck" episodes.  The prizes were fabulous and both winners did so well.  I agree the half hour "Card Sharks" worked better, altho I did enjoy Joel McHale hosting.

Super Contributor

@LyndaGee I agree, Joel McHale was excellent.  It's difficult to hear Elizabeth Banks very well with all the cheering so I think she shouts.  She doesn't seem very in to what she's doing meaning hosting.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I LOVE the old Match Game(pre 77) and have watched it on reruns every morning for years.  Cup of coffee and Match Game--great way for me to start the day.  

Am loving Buzzr now with the old, old games shows--will watch now and again.

Actually I'm enjoying all the old programming.  Dennis the Menace and Hazel are taped daily.

Trusted Contributor

The original Press Your Luck was better. Peter Tomarken was a great host. I was sad when I read that he and his wife passed away in a plane crash. The new one was not awful. Elizabeth Banks is a little shouty, but I will still watch it.

I liked card sharks. I thought the hour moved fast, I had never seen the original, so I have nothing to compare it to. I like Joel McHale, thought he was a good host.

I have watched the new Match Game for a couple of years now. I really enjoy the show. I thing the guests for the most part are pretty funny.   

Respected Contributor

@lenapecci wrote:

The original Press Your Luck was better. Peter Tomarken was a great host. I was sad when I read that he and his wife passed away in a plane crash. The new one was not awful. Elizabeth Banks is a little shouty, but I will still watch it.

I liked card sharks. I thought the hour moved fast, I had never seen the original, so I have nothing to compare it to. I like Joel McHale, thought he was a good host.

I have watched the new Match Game for a couple of years now. I really enjoy the show. I thing the guests for the most part are pretty funny.   

I was shocked to read years ago that Peter Tomarken and his wife died in a plane crash.  So sad.  He was only 64 too.