Respected Contributor

Re: ANYONE WATCHING LIVE WITH KELLY?

Any news on when they will make the "BIG" Announcement? 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MaRina, according to the article that @Annabellethecat66 linked, it will be late August.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

@MaRina, according to the article that @Annabellethecat66 linked, it will be late August.

Thanks for the information @Mmsfoxxie

Regular Contributor

I thought that Fred was a lot of fun when he co-hosted and towards the end Michael really wasnt so they may want Fred there for his positive energy. He is absolutely thrilled to be there which is important.  Jeff Gordon co-hosted a lot several years ago and was boring. Anderson is endearing but he's too close a friend of Kelly's to be a regular. It's hard enough to keep it fresh without having best friends or Mark as her co-host.  Same story with Andy Cohen who acts like he should have the job but no way would that be good. I'll vote for Fred unless someone better comes along but so far he's been the best. 

Respected Contributor

My vote is for Anderson Cooper!  He has it all and he is so funny.  Today he was a stitch talking about going to a Jewish school.  He just is a natural with Kelly.   I have always just thought he was ok in his CNN news format.  

Honored Contributor

I caught about one minute of the show today, Wednesday.  Does anyone know who the guest co-host was today?  I don't think I've ever seen him before.

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

My vote is for Anderson Cooper!  He has it all and he is so funny.  Today he was a stitch talking about going to a Jewish school.  He just is a natural with Kelly.   I have always just thought he was ok in his CNN news format.  

@Shawnie

I think Anderson Cooper is a serious newsman who also has a sense of humor.  I doubt he'd ever give up his main profession for a gig on a daytime show.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

I've watched this show on and off for years, from the time it was Regis and Kathie Lee. Kelly does a good job and Michael and she worked well together. At least that's how they appeared on the air. He doesn't need my opinion but I think he's spreading himself too thin and is becoming overexposed. It's enough already. As for Fred Savage, I think he'd be all right. Anderson Cooper should stick to CNN. Moving over to an entertainment program would not be good for his career. He's a good journalist and should stick with that.

Respected Contributor

Anderson Cooper used to have a daytime talk show (2011-2013) , in addition to his nightly news and other projects.  He could do it again, if he decided he wanted to take the co-host position with Kelly.  It would be a lot of work, but he's proven he can do it.  I heard him say in an interview that he would be interested in the position if formally asked, and while I do think he was being sincere, I also think he would ultimately pass.  

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Frequent Contributor

I think after the Michael experience, the show will be looking for someone who will have no further aspirations to go on to something else like he did.

Kelly and Cooper has a nice ring to it.

I like Anderson Cooper.  He and Kelly have great chemistry but it will be interesting if they could make it work around his CNN duties.  Perhaps they would like this as it would offer plenty of occasions where they could use sub-hosts when Anderson is off doing stories for CNN.  It may be a nice diversion....

Fred Savage has been enjoyable, but he is an actor/director who just came off a series.  Would be stay around for as long as the producers would like?  Will his enthusiasm wear thin with audiences after a while?

I liked Josh Groban, but he tours, is going on Broadway.  Not really feasible.

Andy Coen said no, he wasn't interested.

Carrie Ann....well Today, The View and The Talk already have female leads.....its been done and I think Kelly plays better with a male.

Alec is an Actor and I don't think he would stay long and if he gets ticked off he walks. 

Jeff Gordon?  Seriously?

Kimmel is great as a sub but he has a successful show in L.A.

Same with Seth Myers with Late Nite in NYC.

Hubby Mark is good but has a gig in L.A. and is good as a sub but not full time.  Who wants to work with husband or wife all the time?

I read announcement will no doubt be during sweeps.....