Respected Contributor

Re: ANYONE WATCHING COMEBACK KITCHEN (FOOD NETWORK STAR?

@Financialgrl wrote:

@KACEE1115 wrote:

What gets me, is that Jason won last time - he also won the Baking Championship - he proved that he can bake and cook - now he is only a co-judge on another baking show.  Where is his show?  Disappointing.  

Exactly my problem with FoodNetwork shows.  Gone are the days where you turn on the TV and someone just cooks something you may make for dinner.  Just about every former FNS winner is now a judge on competitions. 

FoodNetwork is mostly Guy Fieri and Chopped and, as a matter of fact, Guys Grocery Games is a form of chopped with all the curveballs they throw at the contestants. Chopped was ok when it first appeared but these days it's taken over the FoodNetwork and I can probably say with 100% certainty that I'll probably never buy/cook some of the ingredients they throw as a curveball to the contestants on Chopped. These days to actually watch a cooking show - you have to catch one on PBS.  I was surfing the channels the other day and found Sara Moulton cooking - she wasn't loud, no games, or gimmicks and it was a refreshing blast from the past.

I don't watch Chopped anymore. It's boring to me and FN has become GF network in my opinion.  3x a week? 

Honored Contributor

@Financialgrl wrote:

@KACEE1115 wrote:

What gets me, is that Jason won last time - he also won the Baking Championship - he proved that he can bake and cook - now he is only a co-judge on another baking show.  Where is his show?  Disappointing.  

Exactly my problem with FoodNetwork shows.  Gone are the days where you turn on the TV and someone just cooks something you may make for dinner.  Just about every former FNS winner is now a judge on competitions. 

FoodNetwork is mostly Guy Fieri and Chopped and, as a matter of fact, Guys Grocery Games is a form of chopped with all the curveballs they throw at the contestants. Chopped was ok when it first appeared but these days it's taken over the FoodNetwork and I can probably say with 100% certainty that I'll probably never buy/cook some of the ingredients they throw as a curveball to the contestants on Chopped. These days to actually watch a cooking show - you have to catch one on PBS.  I was surfing the channels the other day and found Sara Moulton cooking - she wasn't loud, no games, or gimmicks and it was a refreshing blast from the past.

@Financialgrl

You are so right its turned into the GF.Network!!!....Grocery Games, Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives........and then there's Chopped and MORE Chopped! 

And now 2 ex-Olympic skaters with a wedding cake show--SAY WHAT?!?!?!?!?!? 

And yes I watch Create (PBS) to see REAL cooking shows--- Lidia's Kitchen, Cook's Country, Martha Stewart and others..........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

As far as the NEW FOOD NETWORK STAR SHOW......

I am tired of all these team challenges and it was not fair that Harrison Bader took almost all the time to demo his food and left little time for the others on his team to do anything....I dont like him!

Rebekah deserved to go home! ---gee even I know she didnt cook her food long enough....and all she did in the presentation was give her resume!!!  

Actually I dont really care for any of these contestants

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

FOOD NETWORK STAR 7/1/18

[ Edited ]

Anyone watch last pm?  I liked that they judged their own food.  Manny did such a great job and is coming into his own by slowing down.

As for Amy, what the heck is she still doing there?  She puts herself down all the time and is not the best chef.  I didn't want her to come back in the first place. 

As for who went home,

Spoiler
was shocked that Adam did.  He didn't do well in the judging but didn'think he was that bad in the cooking part.  Bye Bye Harrison.  You really blew it when you were judging!  I knew at that time it would hinder him.  I needed Amy to leave not Adam.
Valued Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

Anyone watch last pm?  I liked that they judged their own food.  Manny did such a great job and is coming into his own by slowing down.

As for Amy, what the heck is she still doing there?  She puts herself down all the time and is not the best chef.  I didn't want her to come back in the first place. 

As for who went home,

Spoiler
was shocked that Adam did.  He didn't do well in the judging but didn'think he was that bad in the cooking part.  Bye Bye Harrison.  You really blew it when you were judging!  I knew at that time it would hinder him.  I needed Amy to leave not Adam.

I was really surprised at the outcome! And, boy, was Giada vicious! She did not take judgment very sweetly.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Colinka wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

As for who went home,

Spoiler

I was really surprised at the outcome! And, boy, was Giada vicious! She did not take judgment very sweetly.

She was very mean and now there's a new reason I don't like her!

I forgot Star Salvation was on line alreaady but haven't watched but do know who was eliminated per Food Network Gossip.com and I'm glad they won't be coming back!  I heard Adam wasn't on and probably they said due to his being on Comeback Kitchen.  I guess it would be unfair.