Honored Contributor

Re: ANYONE WATCHING COMEBACK KITCHEN (FOOD NETWORK STAR?

@SWEET wrote:

Next week is the finale and then FNS right after it.  Who will it be?  I'm hoping for either Yaku or Amy or Sarah.  Jerrard is all over the place and hogs the camera in group challenges.  Adam I can take him or leave him. 

@SWEET

I think it's going to be between Yaku and Amy....

Jerrard cant get his presentations within the allotted time frame.....And Sarah is a bit here and there too, but she has improved.  

It will be interesting to see who goes on to the regular Food Network Star contest....although you dont really see the winners much...most of them end up being judges on one the shows...I dont remember a fairly new winner having a regular show---It seems this network is all Diner, Drive-Ins & Dives, Guys Grocery Games, Chopped, Iron Chef, and a show having to do with cakes....About the only shows I enjoy are the Baking contests, Ina, Trisha, and Pioneer Woman.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

Liked that Adam got another chance to advance to the show.  Didn't like that the other girl was also given a pass. I have never warmed to her, as she can be rather snarky.

Was very underwhelmed by the new batch of contestants on this year's edition of "Next Food Network Star". There wasn't one of them that impressed me at all,  Perhaps they will show growth,but not holding out much hope.

Will continue to watch, as my husband gets a kick out of Giada's cleavage.

Honored Contributor

@Colinka wrote:

Liked that Adam got another chance to advance to the show.  Didn't like that the other girl was also given a pass. I have never warmed to her, as she can be rather snarky.

Was very underwhelmed by the new batch of contestants on this year's edition of "Next Food Network Star". There wasn't one of them that impressed me at all,  Perhaps they will show growth,but not holding out much hope.

@Colinka

I am sick and tired of seeing Giada's cleavage Woman Frustrated Neither her show or food isnt that great (Lidia's recipes on Create are so much better) all Giada has going for her is her clevage!  Woman TongueWoman Frustrated

I agree with you about Amy---I thought in the end they would pick her to go on to Food Network Star, but I agree there is a snarkiness that turns me off....And am not fond of any of the contestants.

None of the contestants on the New Food Network Show appeal to me either!.............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Colinka wrote:

@Colinka

I am sick and tired of seeing Giada's cleavage Woman Frustrated Neither her show or food isnt that great (Lidia's recipes on Create are so much better) all Giada has going for her is her clevage!  Woman TongueWoman Frustrated

I agree with you about Amy---I thought in the end they would pick her to go on to Food Network Star, but I agree there is a snarkiness that turns me off....And am not fond of any of the contestants.

None of the contestants on the New Food Network Show appeal to me either!.............

I can't believe that Amy went through.  Don't like her personality at all. 

Giada gets on my nerves every year she does the show with her fake smile and cleavage.  I couldn't believe that at the end of the show where they pick people who get eliminated, she wore a dress that covered her. 

None of the contestants stand out to me yet and not sure who I like.

Valued Contributor

What gets me, is that Jason won last time - he also won the Baking Championship - he proved that he can bake and cook - now he is only a co-judge on another baking show.  Where is his show?  Disappointing.  

Honored Contributor

I was rooting for Adam but about halfway through I got a strong vibe that they were going to push both of them through.   I didn't like her, either, so I was just hoping to see Adam win.

I think they just had it set up, from the get-go, to have an even number for the new season.

Honored Contributor

@KACEE1115 wrote:

What gets me, is that Jason won last time - he also won the Baking Championship - he proved that he can bake and cook - now he is only a co-judge on another baking show.  Where is his show?  Disappointing.  

@KACEE1115

I dont know why they call it "Food Network Star" because they don't get a show of their own, they seem to wind up only as a part-time judge on some of the various shows.....

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@KACEE1115 wrote:

@KACEE1115

I dont know why they call it "Food Network Star" because they don't get a show of their own, they seem to wind up only as a part-time judge on some of the various shows.....

@Spurt  The winner used to get their own show, didn't realize that this was not happening any longer.

Respected Contributor

Again w/the team challenges.  The contestants do not do well or play well and I knew that Rebecca was going to go home because of it.  She had the same problem with the last team challenge and she has been on the bottom for the past week or so. 

So far, the right people have gone home in my opinion.

Respected Contributor

@KACEE1115 wrote:

Exactly my problem with FoodNetwork shows.  Gone are the days where you turn on the TV and someone just cooks something you may make for dinner.  Just about every former FNS winner is now a judge on competitions. 

FoodNetwork is mostly Guy Fieri and Chopped and, as a matter of fact, Guys Grocery Games is a form of chopped with all the curveballs they throw at the contestants. Chopped was ok when it first appeared but these days it's taken over the FoodNetwork and I can probably say with 100% certainty that I'll probably never buy/cook some of the ingredients they throw as a curveball to the contestants on Chopped. These days to actually watch a cooking show - you have to catch one on PBS.  I was surfing the channels the other day and found Sara Moulton cooking - she wasn't loud, no games, or gimmicks and it was a refreshing blast from the past.