Esteemed Contributor

ANYONE ELSE WAATCHING "GREENLEAF?"

[ Edited ]

So, anyone watching?  I haven't looked to see how many episodes there are, but it is  so good to have them back.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Trusted Contributor

Re: ANYONE ELSE WAATCHING "GREENLEAF/"

Yes, the season was wonderful and  the series finale left me wanting more.  Try to avoid spoilers and watch the aftershow special; it is quite moving.  There was some speculation about a spin-off series.

Valued Contributor

Re: ANYONE ELSE WAATCHING "GREENLEAF/"

I plan to start watching this season soon; just too busy right now.  I love this show. Thanks for letting us know that it's a good season without spoilers. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: ANYONE ELSE WAATCHING "GREENLEAF?"

Is this on a streaming network? What is the premise? 

Valued Contributor

Greenleaf is on Netflix.  It follows the unscrupulous world of the Greenleaf family with scandalous secrets and lies, their palatial family mansion compound, and their sprawling Memphis megachurch with predominantly African-American members.

I highly recommend seeing it.

Honored Contributor

An excellent season! I really didn't want it to end! Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

I watched this season when it aired on OWN. 

Trusted Contributor

I learned a lot about what sometimes happens in mega churches after watching this show. I was surprised, quite honesty, at the blatant segregation. Lynn Whitfield rocked her character as the 'First Lady'  of the church!

dee

Esteemed Contributor

@godi wrote:

Is this on a streaming network? What is the premise? 

@godi ..I watch it on Netflix.  There are only 4 or 5 episodes but I'm hoping they come back with a whole new season.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@deedledeedeedle wrote:

I learned a lot about what sometimes happens in mega churches after watching this show. I was surprised, quite honesty, at the blatant segregation. Lynn Whitfield rocked her character as the 'First Lady'  of the church!

dee

@D_2 the 3rd...I couldn't stand the 'First Lady' in the beginning but found myself liking her more and more.  Finally reached the point where she became my favorite in the show.