Respected Contributor

Re: ANYONE ELSE TIRED OF MATT AMODIO?

One of my main objections to when they changed the rule about limiting a champ to only five wins was that the longer a player plays, the better they can become with the buzzer timing. The more you win, the quicker you can sense hitting the buzzer the exact second the host finishes reading. Back in the olden days, you could buzz in at any time.

Of course it would help if they put him up against some competition, but that also seems to happen when production wants a popular winner to keep winning. 

Respected Contributor

I can't watch anymore.  There needs to be a limit to how many days a person can be the champion.  

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Okay, I think it's great that current Jeopardy contestant and champ is winning, setting records, and making oodles of money.  That's great.

However .... I'm just sick of him now.   Can they please put in a contestant that is aggressive enough to knock him off his pedestal?    

Anyone else tired of Matt?  Woman Indifferent

Not at all. It's fun and amazing to watch someone with so much knowledge.  

Esteemed Contributor

I am in awe of his knowledge. It's all over the place. He's wonderful to watch. I can't wait for a Ken, James, Matt show down. 

Frequent Contributor

No, I am not tired of the Million Dollar Matt Show.  I could watch him until 2022!

Dogs are not my whole life, but they make my life whole.”
Esteemed Contributor

Not at all!!  He is amazing!!

Respected Contributor

He must have an eidetic (photographic) memory .   really something to watch him and he keeps up the momentum flexing those brain cells.  i do feel badly for the other contestants but a few of the risk-takers have challenged.   when that happens i get nervous.  

yea bet Ken, James and Brad and Buzzy are boning up on their trivia

Mayim is excellent as host!  

Honored Contributor

@primroses wrote:

I agree...I keep saying to my dh shall we watch Matt  Amodio win Jeopardy tonight?

Matt is a great player but because he starts off first and does what Holzhauer did by picking the high price clues he ends up untouchable.  That's not his fault of course and he has every right to do it that way but I think it would be good to cap it at a certain number of episodes, like a few months or so.  It must be disheartening to wait a couple of years to get on Jeopardy and find yourself tryng to compete with someone that is that good,and not getting much of a chance to answer.

I would say the only thing I find mildly irritating about him is the way he rings in quickly and then hesitates before he remembers the answer.

@primroses 

Although I'm no expert on photographic memories, I also think he presses the buzzer but then needs a moment to "bring up" the answer.   I think.  So the other contestants are at a disadvantage here.

Trusted Contributor

@primroses wrote:

I agree...I keep saying to my dh shall we watch Matt  Amodio win Jeopardy tonight?

Matt is a great player but because he starts off first and does what Holzhauer did by picking the high price clues he ends up untouchable.  That's not his fault of course and he has every right to do it that way but I think it would be good to cap it at a certain number of episodes, like a few months or so.  It must be disheartening to wait a couple of years to get on Jeopardy and find yourself tryng to compete with someone that is that good,and not getting much of a chance to answer.

I would say the only thing I find mildly irritating about him is the way he rings in quickly and then hesitates before he remembers the answer.

That is my peeve with him too - when someone rings in they should know the answer right away, not pause to bring it forth.  I do admire him and his vast knowledge but watching Jeopardy now is just not enjoyable.  

Super Contributor

No!