Respected Contributor

Re: ANYONE ELSE TIRED OF MATT AMODIO?

@Tinkrbl44   I feel your pain because that's the way I felt about James' winning streak.

However, I feel differently about Matt.  I really like him and look forward to seeing him.  He's mopping up the floor with all these other contestants.  Woman Wink

It amazes me how he knows all this obscure information yet sometimes he doesn't ring in for the simplest of things.  If he surpasses KJ's record, that will really be something.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

I'm sick of it too, because there's no contest- The guy seems to know everything about everything!! It has gotten boring- Will it ever end?? Will he bankrupt them?? 

Respected Contributor

Being from a city about 20 miles from New Haven, where Matt resides, DH .& I enjoy watching him win.  DH would like to see Matt, James & Ken in a GOAT tournament.  I'd love to see Matt play against Watson, the IBM computer.  Bet Matt would win.   

Honored Contributor

I am not exactly sick of Matt.  Rather I am sick of Jeopardy and its highly predictable outcome each night.  The only suspense is whether Matt will win more or less that $50k.  They should really cap the number of appearances for a contestant.

Respected Contributor

The predictability is getting boring. 

The girl that beat James wrote her PhD thesis on Jeopardy.

Find some good players. 

I'm a Matt fan but would enjoy a good game. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think Matt is terrific and a very humble winner.  I, too, hope he continues and surpasses   Ken Jennings.   It's a pleasure to watch him.  

I'm also on team Mayim.  She is doing a fantastic job.  Her enunciation is perfect and easy to understand.  She also interacts well with the contestants making the show about them.  She should remain the host, the permanent host.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

@aqua3 wrote:

Hi @Tinkrbl44 ,

I agree that he's full of knowledge,however, it's been a bit boring to watch the show that I usually look forward to .

Glad I'm not the only one who's tired of hearing "MATT"  ....Cat Indifferent

@aqua3 

That's it ... it's boring.  While the Jeopardy boards are filled with interesting topics and great details, it's knowing the THREE contestants competing and watching how they do.  With Matt, most of the other contestants just end up standing there, watching Matt take off and take the game.   We've seen it many times now, and it's become boring.

Esteemed Contributor

He's OK but I really enjoy Mayim and the contestants, especially Matt have mentioned what a great host she is.  Interacts well with them, makes them comfortable and reads the questions clearly.  

Contributor

I agree...I keep saying to my dh shall we watch Matt  Amodio win Jeopardy tonight?

Matt is a great player but because he starts off first and does what Holzhauer did by picking the high price clues he ends up untouchable.  That's not his fault of course and he has every right to do it that way but I think it would be good to cap it at a certain number of episodes, like a few months or so.  It must be disheartening to wait a couple of years to get on Jeopardy and find yourself tryng to compete with someone that is that good,and not getting much of a chance to answer.

I would say the only thing I find mildly irritating about him is the way he rings in quickly and then hesitates before he remembers the answer.

Honored Contributor

@primroses wrote:

I would say the only thing I find mildly irritating about him is the way he rings in quickly and then hesitates before he remembers the answer.

That's also puzzling to me.  It's as if he knows the answer all along, but pauses for dramatic effect, to amaze us when he pulls it out in the final split-second.