Honored Contributor

Re: ANY WALKING DEAD FANS?

[ Edited ]

Henry has been a royal pain in the backside since he first showed up.  The only thing about his death that bothered me was Carol, and when Daryl held her and said not to look.  He did the same thing when Sophia came out of Hershel's barn.  Deja vu, almost.

I'm glad he's gone.

Tara was never a fave of mine; I think her character lost steam a long time ago.

I will miss Enid; she grew into a smart and confident young woman and I was surprised to see her character killed.

I thought the Highway Men would have been around a bit more. 

I was not surprised that Lydia was not a victim; although I find her kind of.....dopey.

The producers seem to be weeding out the older characters although it was Ezekiel and Rosita in the graphic novel who lost their heads, literally.

As horrific as Alpha is, I really like Samantha Morton as an actress.  The Brits always bring it on, imo.

Still annoyed about Carl being killed off. 

Danai and Andrew will be in the special movies regarding Rick and a good way to bring closure to the Grimes family.  Danai has a lot on her plate and this role is not moving along as it was in earlier times.

Time to sew up Negan's story, too.

Carol and Daryl just signed new contracts; so it seems they will be the only originals going back to Season 1 to still be around in Season 10.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Valued Contributor

@CrazyDaisy @Grouchomarx - I always watch the shows live and so do most of the people that I know. They are too excited to watch the newest episode that dvr'ing it would be sacrilegious.

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Grouchomarx wrote:

Seriously, I'm with the others that feel you should have used a SPOILER ALERT in your subject title, you just ruined it for a whole bunch of us.  I do not watch live airings of the show, I DVR it so I can watch without commercials, which many people do.  

Then I am sure you have learned a lesson.....watch the show before entering discussions after ithe show airs.  Discussions ALWAYS contain information about past shows. So if you have not watched previous shows, do not be suprised about what you read.

You really don't think the OP could have just used TWO WORDS to warn anyone reading?  I mean the title of the post was beyond vague. That is why I opened it.  Almost no one I know watches this show live. Everyone DVR's it.  It's not like it was on a week ago either.  And yes I've learned my lesson not everyone knows spoiler alert etiquette.

@GrouchomarxGood heavens please calm down.  It isn't the end of the world if "SPOILER" wasn't in the title.

I get it but it happened and now it's over.  Your life will go on with no harm, really.

And on a personal note:  everyone I know watches it as it airs, not with the DVR.

It's also good etiquette not to pound an issue to death.

Just sayin'.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

Henry has been a royal pain in the backside since he first showed up.  The only thing about his death that bothered me was Carol, and when Daryl held her and said not to look.  He did the same thing when Sophia came out of Hershel's barn.  Deja vu, almost.

I'm glad he's gone.

Tara was never a fave of mine; I think her character lost steam a long time ago.

I will miss Enid; she grew into a smart and confident young woman and I was surprised to see her character killed.

I was not surprised that Lydia was not a victim; although I find her kind of.....dopey.

The producers seem to be weeding out the older characters although it was Ezekiel and Rosita in the graphic novel who lost their heads, literally.

As horrific as Alpha is, I really like Samantha Morton as an actress.  The Brits always bring it on, imo.

Danai and Andrew will be in the special movies regarding Rick and a good way to bring closure to the Grimes family.  Danai has a lot on her plate and this role is not moving along as it was in earlier times.

Carol and Daryl just signed new contracts; so it seems they will be the only originals going back to Season 1 to still be around in Season 10.

@Cakers3  The Highway Men are not gone ......

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Why did you have to do this to the poor Highwaymen? I loved the Highwaymen!

ANGELA KANG: I know! You know what though? There are still Highwaymen out there in the world. We brought them in and we knew that they would be some of the casualties. We felt that there needed to be losses across the different groups. Angus Sampson, who played our lead Highwayman, he only had this tiny window to do the show, so it sort of worked out perfectly. We would have never gotten him otherwise. But we were hoping to cast somebody that it could feel like, “Okay, maybe this is a person in the show.” And then, he was one of the ones that was here and gone. But I really enjoyed having him. And there will be some more Highwaymen stuff in the future, just without the lead guy.

It's likely that Michonne will turn up in the movies, or at least in one of them, but it hasn't been confirmed yet that Danai will return. As you said she has alot on her plate, but I'm hoping she'll show up. We all need to see a Rick/Michonne reunion!

Ah, Negan. Such a long, boring, drawn out storyline. What exactly is the point of keeping him in jail for all these years? They should've killed him after the 'all out' war. I love how they let him shave and give him haircuts while he's locked up, LOL!

Honored Contributor

Re: ANY WALKING DEAD FANS?

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma   Well, episode 15 came on a 1:04 am, happened to be awake and luckily, I turned to the channel just as it was beginning.  Having now seen it, I am so glad I read this thread before and read about it online, because it would have been too shocking, at least I was prepared, because it was a horrible sight to see, and imagining their terror knowing what was going to happen.   Very upsetting.

Valued Contributor

I still haven't gotten over losing Shiva, the tiger.Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@lmt wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

I'm glad he's gone.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Why did you have to do this to the poor Highwaymen? I loved the Highwaymen!

ANGELA KANG: I know! You know what though? There are still Highwaymen out there in the world. We brought them in and we knew that they would be some of the casualties. We felt that there needed to be losses across the different groups. Angus Sampson, who played our lead Highwayman, he only had this tiny window to do the show, so it sort of worked out perfectly. We would have never gotten him otherwise. But we were hoping to cast somebody that it could feel like, “Okay, maybe this is a person in the show.” And then, he was one of the ones that was here and gone. But I really enjoyed having him. And there will be some more Highwaymen stuff in the future, just without the lead guy.

It's likely that Michonne will turn up in the movies, or at least in one of them, but it hasn't been confirmed yet that Danai will return. As you said she has alot on her plate, but I'm hoping she'll show up. We all need to see a Rick/Michonne reunion!

Ah, Negan. Such a long, boring, drawn out storyline. What exactly is the point of keeping him in jail for all these years? They should've killed him after the 'all out' war. I love how they let him shave and give him haircuts while he's locked up, LOL!

@lmt   I just had a thought re Negan.  Maybe one day he will be let out to lead the fight against the Whisperers, he had similar violent tendencies to eliminate and control people.  

Honored Contributor

@lmt wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

I'm glad he's gone.

@lmt  Yes-the Highway Men are a group but I meant Ozzy played by Angus Sampson as their leader.   I was hoping his role would have been expanded like Jerry's. 

The other Highway Men are just background fillers for that group.

Respected Contributor

@lmt I just had a thought re Negan. Maybe one day he will be let out to lead the fight against the Whisperers, he had similar violent tendencies to eliminate and control people.

@mousiegirl  Looks like Negan's finally getting sprung ......

The former Savior leader previously tried to appeal to Michonne in an attempt to convince her he deserves a second chance following an almost eight-year solitary prison term — with the survivors facing their greatest threat yet in the Whisperers, could Negan begin to prove himself a worthy ally?

Negan accompanying the group comes as the survivors must keep moving in the face of unforgiving conditions — as revealed in the season finale promo, the survivors ultimately must venture into Whisperer territory freshly marked by Alpha (Samantha Morton), who used the severed heads of Henry (Matt Lintz), Tara (Alanna Masterson), Enid (Katelyn Nacon), and others as part of a gruesome border marking lines not to be crossed.

The Walking Dead 916 Negan

Respected Contributor

@lmt Yes-the Highway Men are a group but I meant Ozzy played by Angus Sampson as their leader. I was hoping his role would have been expanded like Jerry's.

The other Highway Men are just background fillers for that group.

@Cakers3  I liked Ozzy and would've liked to have seen his character develop. 

Oh well, at least Jerry didn't end up on a pike! They better not kill him off, I LOVE him and his humor.