Esteemed Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

I clicked on this as I am a fan.  Unfortunately, I have not watched last night's show but now know what happens to Henry.  It would have been thoughtful if the OP had written spoiler in her title so that those of us who have not seen it would know not to click on it.  

I am the OP, sorry you didn't watch the show Sunday night, Monday there were no surprises unless of course you didn't watch when it aired.  Sorry you missed the action on Sunday night.

Spoiler

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Ainhisg wrote:

I clicked on this as I am a fan.  Unfortunately, I have not watched last night's show but now know what happens to Henry.  It would have been thoughtful if the OP had written spoiler in her title so that those of us who have not seen it would know not to click on it.  

Since the show aired yesterday, why would you come here today not think people would be discussing what happened?

HeartWoman HappyHeart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

Re: ANY WALKING DEAD FANS?

[ Edited ]

I’m not surprised that Henry was killed. I also found his character very annoying.

Respected Contributor

Re: ANY WALKING DEAD FANS?

[ Edited ]

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Ainhisg wrote:

Since the show aired yesterday, why would you come here today not think people would be discussing what happened?

Most people indicate in their titles if spoilers are going to be given. I never said I didn’t think people wouldn’t be talking about the show.  By the title alone, this thread could have been about the upcoming movie, how Norman Reedus feels about being the lead male character, etc.

Trusted Contributor

I didn't know the storyline of the head stakes, so it came as a shock to me, and then who was on them.  To me, the only two people who really mattered were Tara and Enid - Tara because she has been with TWD for so long and Enid because she was coming into her own as a dr. ... and they need drs. on the show.  

I'm really looking forward to next week's finale where they FINALLY have a show during the winter time!  I wonder if this was actually filmed during the winter or if they had a set full of snow?  Surely it was filmed during winter....

I read where Lauren Cohen may return in her own spinoff of TWD.  I also heard that Danai Guierra will show up in Andrew Lincoln's movie(s). 

Now I'm looking forward to Fear the Walking Dead returning!  That show had gotten really good last season.

Respected Contributor

Seriously, I'm with the others that feel you should have used a SPOILER ALERT in your subject title, you just ruined it for a whole bunch of us.  I do not watch live airings of the show, I DVR it so I can watch without commercials, which many people do.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

Seriously, I'm with the others that feel you should have used a SPOILER ALERT in your subject title, you just ruined it for a whole bunch of us.  I do not watch live airings of the show, I DVR it so I can watch without commercials, which many people do.  

Then I am sure you have learned a lesson.....watch the show before entering discussions after ithe show airs.  Discussions ALWAYS contain information about past shows. So if you have not watched previous shows, do not be suprised about what you read.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Grouchomarx wrote:

Then I am sure you have learned a lesson.....watch the show before entering discussions after ithe show airs.  Discussions ALWAYS contain information about past shows. So if you have not watched previous shows, do not be suprised about what you read.

You really don't think the OP could have just used TWO WORDS to warn anyone reading?  I mean the title of the post was beyond vague. That is why I opened it.  Almost no one I know watches this show live. Everyone DVR's it.  It's not like it was on a week ago either.  And yes I've learned my lesson not everyone knows spoiler alert etiquette.

Respected Contributor

@Shogirl wrote:

I didn't know the storyline of the head stakes, so it came as a shock to me, and then who was on them.  To me, the only two people who really mattered were Tara and Enid - Tara because she has been with TWD for so long and Enid because she was coming into her own as a dr. ... and they need drs. on the show.  

I'm really looking forward to next week's finale where they FINALLY have a show during the winter time!  I wonder if this was actually filmed during the winter or if they had a set full of snow?  Surely it was filmed during winter....

I read where Lauren Cohen may return in her own spinoff of TWD.  I also heard that Danai Guierra will show up in Andrew Lincoln's movie(s). 

Now I'm looking forward to Fear the Walking Dead returning!  That show had gotten really good last season.

@Shogirl  The show doesn't fim during the winter. Likely the snow scenes/blizzard will be mostly CGI. I would guess that this may be both the first (and last) time we see snow on the show. CGI is very expensive.

We have yet to see the season of winter rear its blustery, snowy head on the AMC zombie hit. For a while that could be explained when the show took place down south in Georgia, but Rick Grimes and Co. made their way up north to Alexandria, VA — just outside Washington, D.C. As someone who grew up in our nation’s capital, I assure you, it gets cold. And it can snow — a lot.

We see this climate change reflected in the original Walking Dead comic — with the occasional snowfall taking place — but putting winter on film for the show proves far trickier. For one thing, while the series is now set in Northern Virginia, it still films in Georgia. For another, the show’s filming schedule of spring through fall pretty much guarantees there will never be even a speck of natural snow on the ground. And while it can get very cold in the early mornings and evenings on set near the end of filming on a season in November, even then the daytime tends to be quite mild. Certainly not frigid.

During a Q&A session at Walker Stalker Con 2018, creator and producer Robert Kirkman addressed the burning (er, cold?) question that keeps coming up, season after season: Why haven’t we seen winter yet on the show?

Expectedly, it would be tough to create a winter wonderland during filming, which takes place in Atlanta during the hottest months of the year. According to Kirkman, “…it’s impractical to cover Georgia with snow in the summertime, don’t quite have the budget for that.”

They have struggled with the decision to have omitted the cold and fluffy white stuff from the series.

“If we can CGI a tiger,” said Kirkman in an interview with ComicBook.com in 2016, “we can CGI some snow!”

Esteemed Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Grouchomarx wrote:

You really don't think the OP could have just used TWO WORDS to warn anyone reading?  I mean the title of the post was beyond vague. That is why I opened it.  Almost no one I know watches this show live. Everyone DVR's it.  It's not like it was on a week ago either.  And yes I've learned my lesson not everyone knows spoiler alert etiquette.

Or perhaps you think that everyone should not talk about the show till you have had the chance to watch it.  Reminds me of all those Sit Coms where the person does not want to know the score of the big game......that never works out.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.