Esteemed Contributor

All I can say is if we thought Negan was a bad a--, Alpha is the devil incarnate.  She and her people murdered 10 people including Henry.  It isn't going to be safe for the groups no matter in which direction they choose to go, Alpha has it all covered.  As long as Michonne(sp) and Daryl protect Lydia, Alpha is not going away.  Looks bad for the future.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Valued Contributor

It's coming on now where I live. But I have seen some spoilers. Wish Talking Dead was on right after, but alas, not.

Esteemed Contributor

@LisaMofSLC wrote:

It's coming on now where I live. But I have seen some spoilers. Wish Talking Dead was on right after, but alas, not.

I completely forgot about the time change.  I'm on Mountain Time here in AZ and it started 6:00 P.M.  I usually watch Talking Dead but had things to do so didn't watch.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

I clicked on this as I am a fan.  Unfortunately, I have not watched last night's show but now know what happens to Henry.  It would have been thoughtful if the OP had written spoiler in her title so that those of us who have not seen it would know not to click on it.  

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

All I can say is if we thought Negan was a bad a--, Alpha is the devil incarnate.  She and her people murdered 10 people including Henry.  It isn't going to be safe for the groups no matter in which direction they choose to go, Alpha has it all covered.  As long as Michonne(sp) and Daryl protect Lydia, Alpha is not going away.  Looks bad for the future.

@Lindsays Grandma   I obviously missed parts as I kept changing the channel, so didn't know of all of the deaths last night.

"‘THEY DIED AS HEROES’ | As Daryl left with Michonne, Carol and Yumiko, they found Siddiq tied to a tree. In hysterics, he led them to Alpha’s border wall, which was lined with stakes, atop each of them another head: those of Highwaymen Ozzy and Alek, DJ, Frankie, Tammy Rose, Addy and Rodney, and then our more prominent players, Enid, Tara and finally Carl 2.0, Henry."

Esteemed Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

I clicked on this as I am a fan.  Unfortunately, I have not watched last night's show but now know what happens to Henry.  It would have been thoughtful if the OP had written spoiler in her title so that those of us who have not seen it would know not to click on it.  

Since the show aired yesterday, why would you come here today not think people would be discussing what happened?

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

Since the cat is already out of the bag regarding Henry, I won't put up a spoiler tag.

I won't miss him at all. The character was annoying as all get out and the actor who played him was terrible. 

BTW, did you know that in real life he's the younger brother of Madison Lintz who played Carol's daughter, Sophia?

Lintz Walking Dead comicbook.com

(Left to right: Madison Lintz, Macsen Lintz, Matt Lintz.)

A six-year time jump introduced an aged-up Henry (Matt Lintz), adopted son of Carol (Melissa McBride) and Ezekiel (Khary Payton), and the new Walking Dead star has real-life ties to the past.

Matt is the older brother of Macsen Lintz, who played the young Henry from Season Seven through the first few episodes of Season Nine. Matt and Macsen are the younger brothers of Madison Lintz, who played Carol’s doomed daughter Sophia in The Walking Dead’s first two seasons.

Here's a grown up Madison/Sophia .....

Image result for madison lintz

The following contains SPOILERS!!!!!!!!

I was kind of surprised that they killed off Enid and especially Tara. I never liked Tara and thought Alanna Masterson couldn't act her way out of a paper bag. Enid grew on me and I'll miss the character. When they showed how happy she and Alden were earlier in the episode, I knew one of them was doomed, but I figured that they would kill Alden, not Enid. 

********************************************************

Fans of "The Walking Dead" are likely still recovering from Sunday night's bloodbath of an episode, one that claimed the lives of 10 characters in brutal fashion -- and the actors who played the victims were also caught off-guard.

Echoing the comic books, Alpha infiltrated the big fair, kidnapped a number of its attendees and then decapitated them. She then stuck their zombified heads on spikes for some of their friends to find, marking the edges of her group's territory.

Though major characters like a very pregnant Rosita and Ezekiel were killed off at this point in the source material, the show switched it up by taking out Henry, Enid and Tara instead. Tammy (Brett Butler) died the same way in both mediums.

Speaking with EW, Alanna Masterson said she learned Tara's fate only two weeks before filming, though showrunner Angela Kang said she warned everyone to know their cards could be up when the season began.

"I was caught off guard for sure, but also excited for what the future holds," said Masterson. "Tara has been extremely fun to bring to life."

"It was really fun to explore that side of Tara," she added of the character's leadership role at Hilltop after the time jump. "I wish we had gotten to explore that more, but I'm excited to see where the story goes from here."

Katelyn Nacon (Enid) told TooFab she had no clue who the show would kill off, but knew she could be a "possibility" going into the season.

"Honestly, I was surprised that it wasn't anymore series regulars other than me and Alanna," she explained to The Insider. "Because when we first discussed it in the beginning of the season, it had sounded like there was going to be a lot of big people with their heads on pikes, but I was honestly kind of surprised that it was just me and her out of all the series regulars. I thought there was going to be more."

She told the publication that the actors who play Ezekiel and Rosita, Khary Payton and Christian Serratos, also thought they'd be axed "up until the episode came out for all of us to read."

Looking at her storyline during Season 9, Nacon expressed some disappointment in how Enid was handled near the end.

"At the beginning of the year, I thought it was going well with her learning how to be a doctor and everything," she said. "But I was a little bummed out with the second [half] of the season of her just kind of being pushed down into a love interest role." Nacon's character was paired with Alden (Callan McAuliffe) after the time jump.

"Yeah, I was a little bummed because my storyline still carried, or centered around someone else's character," she added. "It's sad that you have a really strong independent woman character on your show already, but then, you put her storyline so focused on a man."

As for how the show decided who to kill off, Angela Kang explained what went into the choices, adding that Butler knew Tammy's fate when she signed onto the show.

"You know, there were so many conversations about it, because it's really hard to decide who dies, and any time there is death on the show, sometimes it's just story-related, sometimes, as with Andy [Lincoln], it's because there's a personal factor. There are contractual things. There are all kinds of things that go on," she told EW. "In this case, we love all of our actors. Some of the people who are on those pikes, we knew from the time we cast them that they were gonna be on the pikes. We specifically cast Brett Butler as Tammy knowing that she would wind up in that array. And we told her that at the time we cast her."

Regarding Tara, Kang said it made sense for her to go because, "as the leader of Hilltop, who Alpha really has a beef with, there's some sort of sense and a feeling of retribution specifically with that death."

Honored Contributor

Re: ANY WALKING DEAD FANS?

[ Edited ]

I really liked Tara, and am shocked that so many went, will have to see the episode next Sunday as I missed most last night. 

During the last half of the season, we didn't see much of Tara and Enid so I should have guessed they would be out.  One part I did see last night made me wonder if Michonne would be taken out since we know she is leaving, but then realized she wouldn't be killed because she is supposed to be in the upcoming movies with Rick.

Hardly any of the original cast is left.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

I really liked Tara, and am shocked that so many went, will have to see the episode next Sunday as I missed most last night. 

During the last half of the season, we didn't;t see much of Tara and Enid so I should have guessed they would be out.  One part I did see last night made me wonder if Michonne would be taken out since we know she is leaving, but then realized she wouldn't be killed because she is supposed to be in the upcoming movies with Rick.

Hardly any of the original cast is left.

@mousiegirl  Michonne will also appear in a 'handful' of episodes in season 10. I hope that she'll also appear the the movies because the Rick/Michonne reunion would be AWESOME!!

Given Michonne's new responsibilities, it would normally seem unlikely for her to leave Alexandria behind - unless she has a good reason. According to the original report from The Hollywood Reporter concerning Gurira's exit, the actress is expected to return in the three Walking Dead movies, though this hasn't been officially confirmed.  However, this move does seems like the most logical way to finish not only her story, but the story of the entire Grimes family.

It's possible that Michonne's departure in The Walking Dead season 10 is connected; it's possible that she will somehow discover that Rick didn't die that day on the bridge and go looking for him with both of her children.

If a Grimes reunion is in The Walking Dead's near-future, a lot needs to happen first, especially on Michonne's side. Presently, everyone believes Rick is dead and has no reason to suspect otherwise, so something major would have to occur in order to sway Michonne into leaving. This could happen in the form of a message from Rick, or through the sudden return of Jadis. 

Since Andrew Lincoln has confirmed that he has no plans of ever returning to The Walking Dead TV series, it would make perfect sense for a reunion in the films to serve as the conclusion of their story. Michonne, Judith, and R.J. can finally reunite with Rick in the movies, and the final film can tie up any remaining loose ends with these characters.

*************************************

I hate that so many long time members of the cast are being killed off, but that's just the nature of the show. Doesn't mean I like it, because I don't. At least Daryl and Carol are safe for the next couple of years since they both recently signed new contracts.

I have mixed feelings about the new cast members. Magna is a crashing bore; there's nothing remotely interesting or likeable about her ...... plus every line delivered is in monotone. I really like Yumiko and Connie. A lot!! When Daryl asked Connie to feed his dog as he left Hilltop, someone likened it to Daryl giving her his class ring, LOL! Luke's OK, but Kelly is completely forgetable.

Esteemed Contributor

@lmt wrote:

Since the cat is already out of the bag regarding Henry, I won't put up a spoiler tag.

I won't miss him at all. The character was annoying as all get out and the actor who played him was terrible. 

BTW, did you know that in real life he's the younger brother of Madison Lintz who played Carol's daughter, Sophia?

Lintz Walking Dead comicbook.com

(Left to right: Madison Lintz, Macsen Lintz, Matt Lintz.)

A six-year time jump introduced an aged-up Henry (Matt Lintz), adopted son of Carol (Melissa McBride) and Ezekiel (Khary Payton), and the new Walking Dead star has real-life ties to the past.

Matt is the older brother of Macsen Lintz, who played the young Henry from Season Seven through the first few episodes of Season Nine. Matt and Macsen are the younger brothers of Madison Lintz, who played Carol’s doomed daughter Sophia in The Walking Dead’s first two seasons.

Here's a grown up Madison/Sophia .....

Image result for madison lintz

The following contains SPOILERS!!!!!!!!

I was kind of surprised that they killed off Enid and especially Tara. I never liked Tara and thought Alanna Masterson couldn't act her way out of a paper bag. Enid grew on me and I'll miss the character. When they showed how happy she and Alden were earlier in the episode, I knew one of them was doomed, but I figured that they would kill Alden, not Enid. 

********************************************************

Fans of "The Walking Dead" are likely still recovering from Sunday night's bloodbath of an episode, one that claimed the lives of 10 characters in brutal fashion -- and the actors who played the victims were also caught off-guard.

Echoing the comic books, Alpha infiltrated the big fair, kidnapped a number of its attendees and then decapitated them. She then stuck their zombified heads on spikes for some of their friends to find, marking the edges of her group's territory.

Though major characters like a very pregnant Rosita and Ezekiel were killed off at this point in the source material, the show switched it up by taking out Henry, Enid and Tara instead. Tammy (Brett Butler) died the same way in both mediums.

Speaking with EW, Alanna Masterson said she learned Tara's fate only two weeks before filming, though showrunner Angela Kang said she warned everyone to know their cards could be up when the season began.

"I was caught off guard for sure, but also excited for what the future holds," said Masterson. "Tara has been extremely fun to bring to life."

"It was really fun to explore that side of Tara," she added of the character's leadership role at Hilltop after the time jump. "I wish we had gotten to explore that more, but I'm excited to see where the story goes from here."

Katelyn Nacon (Enid) told TooFab she had no clue who the show would kill off, but knew she could be a "possibility" going into the season.

"Honestly, I was surprised that it wasn't anymore series regulars other than me and Alanna," she explained to The Insider. "Because when we first discussed it in the beginning of the season, it had sounded like there was going to be a lot of big people with their heads on pikes, but I was honestly kind of surprised that it was just me and her out of all the series regulars. I thought there was going to be more."

She told the publication that the actors who play Ezekiel and Rosita, Khary Payton and Christian Serratos, also thought they'd be axed "up until the episode came out for all of us to read."

Looking at her storyline during Season 9, Nacon expressed some disappointment in how Enid was handled near the end.

"At the beginning of the year, I thought it was going well with her learning how to be a doctor and everything," she said. "But I was a little bummed out with the second [half] of the season of her just kind of being pushed down into a love interest role." Nacon's character was paired with Alden (Callan McAuliffe) after the time jump.

"Yeah, I was a little bummed because my storyline still carried, or centered around someone else's character," she added. "It's sad that you have a really strong independent woman character on your show already, but then, you put her storyline so focused on a man."

As for how the show decided who to kill off, Angela Kang explained what went into the choices, adding that Butler knew Tammy's fate when she signed onto the show.

"You know, there were so many conversations about it, because it's really hard to decide who dies, and any time there is death on the show, sometimes it's just story-related, sometimes, as with Andy [Lincoln], it's because there's a personal factor. There are contractual things. There are all kinds of things that go on," she told EW. "In this case, we love all of our actors. Some of the people who are on those pikes, we knew from the time we cast them that they were gonna be on the pikes. We specifically cast Brett Butler as Tammy knowing that she would wind up in that array. And we told her that at the time we cast her."

Regarding Tara, Kang said it made sense for her to go because, "as the leader of Hilltop, who Alpha really has a beef with, there's some sort of sense and a feeling of retribution specifically with that death."

Thanks for sharing this...very interesting.