Honored Contributor

Re: ANY BLUE BLOODS VIEWERS?

He hooked up with the MI5 woman from the UK (the one from ER) at the end of last season.  She needs to come back.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

He hooked up with the MI5 woman from the UK (the one from ER) at the end of last season.  She needs to come back.

That's Alex Kingston. I don't remember her being on MI5 though, I loved that show. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

That's Alex Kingston. I don't remember her being on MI5 though, I loved that show. 

You're right, the other guy was MI5, she was Commander of the City of London Police.  Basically they are equals.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 and @AuntG, Kelly Davidson was the local reporter who was featured on the most episodes as a love interest of Frank's. From what I remember his children never found out about her. Frank stopped seeing her when he received a call when they were together informing him of some emergency. Kelly overheard enough of the conversation to jump on the story. When he saw her covering it, he knew she had "used him". Even though she apologized, he saw it as a betrayal and ended their personal relationship feeling he wouldn't be able to trust her in the future.

There was a tv journalist - played by Margaret Colin - who was featured on one episode. Frank ran into her at one of those events where he has to make an appearance. Once they see each other it became obvious they shared a past. She was being threatened and when Frank found out he got Danny involved. She's the woman who both Danny and Erin realized had some kind of relationship with their dad and they acted surprised and a little embarrased. 

Margaret Colin on Blue Bloods

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

Interesting article on the net worth of the Blue Bloods cast ...

http://www.fame10.com/entertainment/cast-of-blue-bloods-how-much-are-they-worth/11/

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

Their son should go into the police academy and replace Jaime.  Is it not past time for him to be promoted?  He whined about that a few seasons ago and he's still a beat cop.  Don't get it.  The man needs to go be something and give his big brother a run.

Speaking of, I've noticed they've moved away from the Danny character.  Bring him back and give him a good partner like he had in the first few seasons.  Sorely lacking since Jennifer Esposito left.  

I still enjoy this show but it's gotten a little stale in places.  They need to liven it back up.  

@Laura14

Jamie already IS something .....  he graduated Harvard Law School and is now a LE officer.    

Honestly, I think the writing of Jamie & Eddie becoming closer could go two ways.   If they become (officially) involved, they will have to separate .... but how to keep them interacting frequently?   I agree that it's more likely that Jamie could go into Erin's office than to become a "junior" detective and compete with Danny.    But does Eddie become a beat cop with some other cop?    What else could they do with her?   

I seriously doubt renewal is a problem ... the show has good ratings.  The REAL consideration, from what I've read, is the show's budget.    Right now, Tom Selleck gets approximately $150k per episode, and his contract isn't renewed yet.  Don't know the per-episode cost of Donny Walberg and Bridget Monihan, but they do okay, IMO.

The biggest problem with a successful show with a large ensemble cast is that they all want raises as time goes on, and a show can get extremely expensive.   

We shall see .................  but storylines will get tweaked IF Tom Selleck signs on for at least another year.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The show is Frank and Danny.  Everyone else can be written out.

I watch the re-runs every day.  In many episodes it is addressed why Jamie has not become a detective yet.  He has said, he doesn't know which direction he wants to go in a few times.

He's done detective work a few times and under cover work once.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I have always liked the show and the actors on here.  However, it's a show you have to (in my opinion) devote every week to because I see it as continuous.

I recently tried to pick back up on it and .....again...it was something left over from last week and the week before.

That's my main complaint.  That's why I have enjoyed Law and Order for so long.  They wrap up the show and move on each week.

I'm not ready to devote my life to watching a show every single week.  I guess it's me but I feel like in order to keep up with what's going on I'd have to do that.

Honored Contributor

Ohhhh!! @Tinkrbl44 See you are experiencing what I said I've encountered.  It's not a show that's easy to pick up on every now and then.

You need to do what you and I talk about others should do (and I'm guilty of not doing also) google and see a brief synopsis of who's who and what's going on.

I just don't want to sign up on forever for this show, I guess.

Honored Contributor

If anyone saw the Friday Feb 9th episode, one of the story lines were about Jamie's career progress.   Any opinions?