Honored Contributor

Re: ANY BLUE BLOODS VIEWERS?

[ Edited ]

@VaBelle35 wrote:

4/14/2017 Show

So, is Frank trying to get himself fired like his father before him?

@VaBelle35

I don't know, but he sure seemed crabby in last night's episode!    I think what Frank needs is a steady girlfriend, if you get my drift.   Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

4/14/2017 Show

So, is Frank trying to get himself fired like his father before him?

@VaBelle35

I don't know, but he sure seemed crabby in last night's episode!    I think what Frank needs is a steady girlfriend, if you get my drift.   Woman LOL

@Tinkrbl44  So does Erin!

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I hope Tom Selleck is not leaving the show.  I know Blue Bloods has been renewed already for another season.  Why wouldh he?  He has a hit show? 

Honored Contributor

As my DH watched reruns of the show, he commented that you can see various stages of the new World Trade Center going up in the background.

Honored Contributor

Unless Frank wants to make a run for Mayor.

That would be interesting.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@culebra wrote:

I hope Tom Selleck is not leaving the show.  I know Blue Bloods has been renewed already for another season.  Why wouldh he?  He has a hit show? 

@culebra

Well, we know nothing about his health or anything else related to the show.  It can be very precarious with the production of a show with a large cast.  The longer the show is running, most actors at lease hope for raises with each contract renewal.   If I recall correctly, TS makes $150k per episode, Donny makes $40k per episode and I forget any of the others, assuming these are correct.  If one actor gets a good raise, everyone else will want one, too!    Payroll costs can skyrocket, which means they need more advertising dollars coming in, which isn't always easy to pull in.    

If they wanted to give raises to the key actors, and keep costs stable, they could send Danny's kids and Nikki off to school somewhere, kill off Grandpa, and that would save cost of 4 salaries.    Not sure they could dump Erin and Linda .... they need a strong female presence to balance the male actors.  

Who knows?   Since the show is already in syndication on the ION network, there's money coming from that, too.  

I agree with you that you just don't walk away from a successful show.   Thinking of another top show, and the actor's longevity, Mark Harmon must be a gazillionnaire by now!  

I'm just speculating here.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44

All of the characters you mentioned are disposable.  Tom Selleck is the star and the reason Blue Bloods was put on the air. He can carry a series.  He looks like he is in good health and looks much younger than he is.  I hope he does not leave.

Honored Contributor

@culebra wrote:

@Tinkrbl44

All of the characters you mentioned are disposable.  Tom Selleck is the star and the reason Blue Bloods was put on the air. He can carry a series.  He looks like he is in good health and looks much younger than he is.  I hope he does not leave.

@culebra

He's 72 years old and I wouldn't say he looks much younger .... but he still looks good for a guy in his 70s.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44

Tom Selleck always was and is a handsome man. Does he look older - for sure.  He still looked good when when he guest starred as Monica's boyfriend on Friends - 15 to 20 years ago.

I am just saying he is the star of Blue Bloods. It would be a hard loss to the show if he left.

Honored Contributor

The season finale of Blue Bloods airs on Friday, May 5 at 10/9c On the season finale episode of Blue Bloods entitled "The Thin Blue Line," Danny (Donnie Wahlberg) intercepts a multi-million dollar shipment that was heading to a drug cartel in Mexico and becomes the target when cartel members come back for revenge. Plus, Jamie (Will Estes) works independently to track down a serial killer who preys on the elderly, and Mayor Poole (David Ramsey) confides in Frank (Tom Selleck) that he has unexpected plans.
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN