Honored Contributor

Re: ANY BLUE BLOODS VIEWERS?

My major disappointment in this show is with Danny's wife, Linda.   The way she approached Danny regarding their sons idea to join the Marines instead of going to college, and forcefully implied his support of her feelings, just didn't sit well with me.   And when the topic was discussed at Sunday dinner, her line "hasn't this family given enough" struck me as whiney and unsupportive.  I have heard Linda say this line before, and it just seems the writers are changing her character in quirky little ways that signals future marital issues are in the works.          

Honored Contributor

One assumes she was married to Danny when he was in the Marines during his two tours, so I'm sure she does not want to go through that again with her son.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I can see Jamie becoming a public defender.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Their son should go into the police academy and replace Jaime.  Is it not past time for him to be promoted?  He whined about that a few seasons ago and he's still a beat cop.  Don't get it.  The man needs to go be something and give his big brother a run.

Speaking of, I've noticed they've moved away from the Danny character.  Bring him back and give him a good partner like he had in the first few seasons.  Sorely lacking since Jennifer Esposito left.  

I still enjoy this show but it's gotten a little stale in places.  They need to liven it back up.  

Honored Contributor

I didn't realize Marisa Ramirez had a baby in June.  I am watching a re-run from last season and I thought she looked pregnant so I did a little googling.

I also didn't realize she was 38.  I thought she was in her 20s.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I don,t see anything g wrong with his partner. Also my son's were becoming of age during the VIetnam war and I would have done anything to stop them from going.  My Grandsons two have served in this war, one is still serving, and his Mother worries all the time.  I don,t see her as whiny, I see her as a mother worried.  Four of my Grandson,s went to college.  Of course, we are not in the draft in this war.  

I have been watching from the beginning, it,s one of the few good programs left.  

Honored Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@meem120 wrote:

I wish theyd give Frank a girlfriend.  He had one in the first few episodes, she was a tv news reporter, but it was only for a very short time.

@meem120

ITA .....  Frank needs a girlfriend!     He's such a good catch that IRL he would be Most Eligible Bachelor in NYC.   lol

I have to disagree. I can't imagine a what it would be like if Frank brought a woman to those Sunday dinners. I would feel very sorry for her. Where would she be seated? I can't see her supplanting Erin or Linda's place at the table.

@reiki604

Well, dinner seating is easily changed, and where anyone sits is hardly carved in stone.   Frank having a girlfriend would be an evolving storyline, and it would be quite a while before the relationship was serious enough to add the lady to the table, anyway.   

When that time were to come, it would be nice if Henry or Erin were to suggest that it is time to include her.   Going further, Danny's sons are pretty big and someone will be going off to college soon.   Seats will get reconfigured at that point.  Just my speculation.

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

My major disappointment in this show is with Danny's wife, Linda.   The way she approached Danny regarding their sons idea to join the Marines instead of going to college, and forcefully implied his support of her feelings, just didn't sit well with me.   And when the topic was discussed at Sunday dinner, her line "hasn't this family given enough" struck me as whiney and unsupportive.  I have heard Linda say this line before, and it just seems the writers are changing her character in quirky little ways that signals future marital issues are in the works.          

I don't think so, her character has always been more senstive about safety. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

The way they separate family from duty, and then go back to being family intrigues me.  I'd venture a guess this happens in high profile families.

They need to bring back the reporter Frank occasionally hooked up with when she was in town.  I remember how embarrassed his adult children were when they learned he had a love life.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

The way they separate family from duty, and then go back to being family intrigues me.  I'd venture a guess this happens in high profile families.

They need to bring back the reporter Frank occasionally hooked up with when she was in town.  I remember how embarrassed his adult children were when they learned he had a love life.

@AuntG

I believe her name was Margaret Colin.    I think Sharon Lawrence would also make a good match for Frank.  IRL, he would have been remarried long ago.  I wonder if they keep him single and lonely for more sympathy from the viewers.